+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The crazy money in football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The crazy money in football

Name:  IMG_3422.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  59.7 KB
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 14-08-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Spurs saving some cash by the looks to go towards the new stadium

Premier League shirt sponsor deals for this season

Name:  IMG_3423.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  74.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Premier League shirt sponsor deals for this season

Name:  IMG_3423.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  74.7 KB

It's ridiculous how many are sponsored by gambling companies. I like a bet, dont get me wrong and over the years i learned the hard way but this gambling malarkey is shoved down our throats from every angle possible. It destroys lives. The government should be ashamed, perhaps if they weren't making millions of pounds out of it themselves they'd address the issue more seriously. Labour started the gambling trend glamourising it on television through multiple advertising and allowing bookmakers to open up loads of shops on every high st in every town. This is done purely because of the machines inside these bookies. The government exploits the poor, kin rats lot on em.

Now all you see at football is gamble, gamble, gamble. It's all over the place from being on shirts to sponsoring stadiums to going round on the electronic advertising hoardings to being on tv every live match at every opportunity. It's wrong.

The Premier league stinks from top to bottom.

This is a thing kids look up to, these footballers don't cover themselves in glory diving and cheating. Gambling is shoved in your face. Hardly a precedent to set kids is it? Everybugga turns a blind eye to all this. Something as popular as the PL should be setting an example imo

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's ridiculous how many are sponsored by gambling companies. I like a bet, dont get me wrong and over the years i learned the hard way but this gambling malarkey is shoved down our throats from every angle possible. It destroys lives. The government should be ashamed, perhaps if they weren't making millions of pounds out of it themselves they'd address the issue more seriously. Labour started the gambling trend glamourising it on television through multiple advertising and allowing bookmakers to open up loads of shops on every high st in every town. This is done purely because of the machines inside these bookies. The government exploits the poor, kin rats lot on em.

Now all you see at football is gamble, gamble, gamble. It's all over the place from being on shirts to sponsoring stadiums to going round on the electronic advertising hoardings to being on tv every live match at every opportunity. It's wrong.

The Premier league stinks from top to bottom.

This is a thing kids look up to, these footballers don't cover themselves in glory diving and cheating. Gambling is shoved in your face. Hardly a precedent to set kids is it? Everybugga turns a blind eye to all this. Something as popular as the PL should be setting an example imo

Totally agree P&M

Average wages paid to footballers

Name:  IMG_3427.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3428.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  92.3 KB

Very interesting looking at those wages with Huddersfield Town promoted the following season.

Thir**** Chinese Super League clubs have been told to clear debts or face a ban from the competition next season.
    The Chinese Football Association (CFA) wrote to all but three of the country's 16 top-flight clubs, as well as five lower-league teams.
    The CFA claimed the clubs had outstanding debts on player transfers, salaries or bonuses.
    What a farce.
    Now they're talking about playing some Premier league games in the US, China & Australia to increase income.
    How much money do they want? Who will benefit from this extra money?
    Players & agents. Nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Thir**** Chinese Super League clubs have been told to clear debts or face a ban from the competition next season.
    The Chinese Football Association (CFA) wrote to all but three of the country's 16 top-flight clubs, as well as five lower-league teams.
    The CFA claimed the clubs had outstanding debts on player transfers, salaries or bonuses.
    What a farce.
    Now they're talking about playing some Premier league games in the US, China & Australia to increase income.
    How much money do they want? Who will benefit from this extra money?
    Players & agents. Nobody else.

I heard on radio about 5 or 6 years ago that eventually we will see the FA cup final played in New York or California
    Never [I thought] but then I thought about it
    More money down that route you see

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast