+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale v Barnsley tonight

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Full time 0-2

Thankyou for the reports ESR
    much appreciated

Pleased for young Pele, 2 goals to build his confidence

Job done nothing like a win whoever it is I bet Pele is happy to get off mark cheers ESR for updates

Ike It !!! Gooalmachine hittul ev dun lad good , pleeuzzed forrim ,

Ike Ike Ugbo it's muller mmm tasty

Goodbye trip for us. Home already!
    McCarthy stand out man for me. Lindsay too. Two goals will do him no harm. Joe
    Williams did ok ... getting better
    Ben Williams didn't do badly in the?15 he was on.
    Better from Pinnock tonight. Good heading of the ball.
    Some good play. Some poor.
    Townsend played well tonight too
    Encouraging again.. but still a way off championship standard. Lloyd sharp.

Sorry guys. Writing on phone isn't good. Last post was poor... sorry.
    Got to say that most of tonight was feeling a little frustrating. After a decent showing against Cov, and holding some team in Blue and White this weekend till the last minute I expected a different "Bullish" performance tonight. Mediocre in parts is the phrase I could use. A lot of sighs, a lot of bouncing balls, poor control in the middle and generally "Ping Pong" in the middle.
    Occasionally a few good moves and after the break some real quality ones! Especially down the Right hand side.
    Defensively I'd say we are on a par with last season..... VERY good in the air.....
    A little lacking on the floor ( Yiadom apart). Angus got in a stew a couple of times and at one point even the ultra supportive away following were screaming at him to stop p!$$ing about with the ball at the edge of the 6 yard box, as he had got himself in a pickle.
    Rochdale certainly were up for it, as we thought they would be and in some respects it was a better work out and barometer than the weekend expoits against the possession obsessed "Dog Botherers" at the weekend. Rochdale were playing good football, and on several occasions had the occasion to score easily. Producing Impressive movement of the ball, and some good accurate passing. Probably more than we did.

Pinnock and Lindsay will be fine. Both will settle and see us right defensively. Worried for Lindsay as he wasn't even contemplating carrying on when he went down injured. There certainly wasn't a debate when the Physio went on about whether he was coming off.

Animal, the lad "Youth" had 3 chances, I think and finished two. Not the finished article..... but there's real promise. He's running, and working hard.... once or twice he combined with Hammil, and others to deliver some deft passing....
    He won't be here longer than a season. I'll put him down for 24 this season in all comps...... ( if he isn't recalled).

Joe Williams looks a fortnight behind the rest, but showed tonight he can be a good player.
    Good handling from Townsend....(yes... really). And one save in particular caught him unawares, and if you can see it on Video he does really well to tip over.....( must have swerved, as it was a real long range effort. Handling for catches, and on the greasy wet grass low down was good.

***Point to note. ***
    Rochdale had a "Trialist" who was a lively skilful beggar, left side,... got a good lengthy applause from all corners of the ground, ( noticeably amid especially our supporters) when substituted...
    Wonder who he was?? ....... impressed me and plenty others.... African/West Indian .... not tall,

MOM for me was Mcarthy. Think we have a gem here.

If every away game was as easy to get to, and back, as easy to park, and as cheap it would be superb! Not sure about the Mirrored glass on their stand though..... it was like watching a game in the garden with the telly parked on the top of the fence!!!
    Friendly enough place, supporters and Stewards. Long time since I've been here..... was dire last time.
    Can we have them in all 3 cups please!
    Same result.

Nice one Jules

Good pooast Jules. Thaz sed mooist a wot a wudda sed.

Allus like gooin to Rochdale to the Crown Oil Arena. Proper football club. The Sandy Lane end was looking particularly lovely in the evening sunshine and the trees in full leaf. Thev buggered the main stand though wi that huge mirror effect the length of the stand..This inta match repooart but some random thoughts are

First fif**** minutes spent listening to the Rochdale keeper sharting "Squeeze" every few seconds.
    Scrappy first heyf, enlivened by a tip ovva from Tarnsend and a bit of skill from Isgrove ending with an air shot in front of goal. Linds looked good in defence, hope his injury is minor. Bradshaw again trying to play as target man against hairy-arsed defenders, again it didn't work. A big lad leading the line wud mekka huge difference. Sessi tackling a lot horizontally on the flooar. He's gunna give a penalty away in the Championship--you heard it here first. Jooa Williams showed promise.
    We looked a different side second heyf, mainly because we were a different side second heyf. Moncur ran the midfield. Pinnock looked strong. Uggy came on second heyf replacing Brarn. Ran ararnd like a young gazelle fo ten minutes but found his confidence after scooaring a tap in from a rebound off the keeper aar cudda scooared. His second was class showing composure and skill to latch onto a Moncur through ball and round the keeper to slot ooam.

A decent run art.

Only thing to spoil the neet was the Wilbutts Road chipoyle wo shut as we wo intending to ev aar teear theear.

Pleased for Pele , nice confidence booster for the lad .

Word round the camp fire is he isn't blessed with pace , could anyone confirm that .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast