+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Abdullah and further investment

Prince Abdullah and further investment

I will refrain from using the L word but where is our 50 percent owners investment ?. We were told that once we got into the Championship a second phase of investment would be released to improve the team. We will get more in increased revenue and gates receipts than we have already spent. The deal was purchase half the club for £1 and investment in the team. Alright this did happen initially (although wasted by poor managers) but where is this promised second phase ?. I appreciate we are not talking Man City or PSG Arabian investment but this is looking like empty promises. What gets me is that we already have an unexpected £6 million due sometime in the next year. I hate to say it but the Pigs jibe of Poundland Prince is starting to look real. Let's not spoil all the good work of last year loosen those purse strings and get Wilders targets signed.

Well we've signed somebody tonight so that's good, but just to play devil's advocate, how do when know that the purse string problem (if there is one) lies with the Prince? He might want to splash the cash more, but has been advised not to by McCabe or somebody on the board.

Bearing in mind that the manager has brought in, what, five now? And that manager has said he doesn't want big time charlies, what did we really expect? The prince walking in to BDTBL with a couple of bags for life filled with twenties? Sits Wilder down, screws up his list of targets and says, 'go-on Chris, blow some of this wonga. I've heard Alan Hutton is available. Go-on, you know that's what you really want'

I don't know. but I do wonder if we are imagining a problem rather than seeing one.

think some will be held back for january personally while trusting tuftys recruitment so far i would like to see a couple of championship players brought in and that means spending so we will see

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Well we've signed somebody tonight so that's good, but just to play devil's advocate, how do when know that the purse string problem (if there is one) lies with the Prince? He might want to splash the cash more, but has been advised not to by McCabe or somebody on the board.
    As a successful business man I think the Prince would make his own mind up. More likely the personal wealth of the Prince is not great by football standards. We are currently looking for further investors which tells me that outside of the day to day running of the club there is little in the pot for Wilder, compared to our competition.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Surely he's got more nous than to take football advice from McC.

If not, we're doomed I tell ye,doomed.

Another one signed tonight. No fee no wages as usual I suspect........

A lot were moaning last year at CW's signings and they turned out ok. Lets wait and see before we start moaning about things which may not be true

some people getting worried by our lack of championship signings. Fully understood. Let's see how we get on in the first part of the season before the frustration is justified. Hope it doesn't even come to that.

Thank goodness we aint lost a friendly or the world would be comin to an end.Perhaps what was seen as significant investment when the statement was made is no longer seen as significant given that the Championship is havin alot more money spent on it nowadays.I've said all summer anyone expectin mega bucks bein spent on a player is gunna be disapointed but hey we're all entitled to our views.UTCB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast