+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Macc

Macc

Rather scrappy at the mo.
    HT = 0-0

3-0 embarrassing. The better team won. For the Alex, Wintle had a good game.....er....that's it!
    Dagnall never had a sniff. Please Dave, don't play Charlie AND George alongside Daggers- it's a waste of the latter's talent and energy.
    Garrett pulled off two outstanding saves. Their goalkeepers...? Well one of them had a header...but there were no real saves.
    We spent a lot of time chasing shadows.Macc had better positional sense, movement.and distribution. Most of their team were trialists. Their number 14 & 9 took the possession.

I didn't write possession but another word beginning with P.

Not exactly what you would expect. Ouch

Very poor last night where do you start they pressed us we couldn't get any passing going and struggled all game
    Ben Garrett played well thankfully and made some good saves a lot of work to be done with less than two weeks to the start of the season

Echoes of Lincoln last season ??

I'm not getting too stressed by one bad result, or excited by the excellent performance and result at Bury.

It's one match, a few key players injured (or rested) and a soft penalty. Similarly, if we win our first four home matches I won't be cracking open the champagne - or reaching for the Valium if we lose them all. It is likely that our new signings, who seem to have been welcomed by most fans, will take a while to bed in so I'll be happy with Top 10 at the end of September- with some entertaining football to boot; we certainly haven't had much of the latter over the past few years.