+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Rivals

Main Rivals

It's only the league cup but think it shows a lot as to where our main rivals are

Falkirk are looking strong and they are going to up there

Icey tea not there yet and maybe like us last year they are not going to adjust in time to drop down

Livingston are looking dangerous and Dunfermline possible they will be up near top

St Mirren have been poor - contrary to think Ross would build decent team for this year

Main thing is we are looking in good shape - roll on the Fun

With the McDonald signing I'm thinking we'll get title. Be good to supplement him with target man.

Going to be tough season - I'm thinking Falkirk firmly as our main rivals but we can take them

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It's only the league cup but think it shows a lot as to where our main rivals are

Falkirk are looking strong and they are going to up there

Icey tea not there yet and maybe like us last year they are not going to adjust in time to drop down

Livingston are looking dangerous and Dunfermline possible they will be up near top

St Mirren have been poor - contrary to think Ross would build decent team for this year

Main thing is we are looking in good shape - roll on the Fun

With the McDonald signing I'm thinking we'll get title. Be good to supplement him with target man.

Going to be tough season - I'm thinking Falkirk firmly as our main rivals but we can take them
    I dont think anything can be taken from these groups. For our group, i think them are the only rivals, although i did expect a banana skin from Raith.

Falkirk are in quite an easy group but i do expect them to be our closest rivals.

Dunfermline improved throughout last season and could win their group and sneak a playoff place in the league.

But i cant believe St Mirren and ICT are as bad as their cup campaigns tell us and expect them, QotS and Morton to take up the remaining playoff place.

We need to respect everyone, fear no one & be United. Do that and we win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Jouster View Post
    We need to respect everyone, fear no one & be United. Do that and we win the league.

The Extremely Large Underscore Combative Person tenders timely, wise and very positive words.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont think anything can be taken from these groups. For our group, i think them are the only rivals, although i did expect a banana skin from Raith.

Falkirk are in quite an easy group but i do expect them to be our closest rivals.

Dunfermline improved throughout last season and could win their group and sneak a playoff place in the league.

But i cant believe St Mirren and ICT are as bad as their cup campaigns tell us and expect them, QotS and Morton to take up the remaining playoff place.
    Bang on

Im surprised at the amount of people who actually think Livingston will do something this season

Livingston ffs

As far as I am concerned and alluded to above, everyone in this league is our main rival. Proved last season that the so called smaller teams proved a massive thorn in our side, Dumbarton, Ayr etc, this cost us at least 2nd place. There will always be one rank outsider, I think Morton last year it was, that will 'p*ss on our chips.' Therefore positive attcking play in every league game and play what you like in the cup competitions!

I think Falkirk will be strong this season.

Think we have to respect all team if we do that we'll do well

We do, but main rivals? Falkirk for me. Without question. Inverness will be there or thereabouts.There will be one more outsider, akin to Raith & Morton of previous years. I'm going for Dunfermline. I think St. Mirren will be mid table. They've filled their team with kids and lower league players which won't do them any favours imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)