+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Anderson...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Crikey Moses sinkov! We have an Eire international along with Tarkowski and a kid on the verge of a major breakthrough.

How good does it have to get?
    The kid's 24 in September BT, he's been with us since he was in nappies and he's still nowhere near the first team. If he keeps developing at this rate it's a toss up which he'll get first, his PL debut or his old age pension.

Squads are built in layers sinkov. I hope he can break through this season, just to disappoint one or two on here.

Squads are built in layers sinkov. I hope he can break through this season, just to disappoint one or two on here.
    Who are the one or two who will be disappointed BT, or are you making that up ? I for one will be delighted if Tom breaks through into the first team this season, while also being very surprised, so who are you talking about ?

I can remember Tom starting centre-half for us in that pre-season game at Accy when we went 3-0 down inside 10 minutes. At 3pm Sean was sat relaxed in the sunshine, all shirtsleeves and smiles, at 3.10 he was prowling the touchline and looking ready to explode.
    I thought that might have been the end of Tom, but no he's still here, so who knows. It's a long shot though isn't it realistically at his age, good luck to the lad, but history is against him making it with us now.

I'm sure BT's comment was aimed at myself for one of the two Sinkov.

It makes me sound negative about prospects already here, not to mention the lack of "marquee" signings.

Regardless of what folk on here think nothing could be further from the truth.

I have carried Burnley Football Club on my back like a hump for years through thick and thin (mostly thin), and nothing will ever change that, I'm not a lover of Football but I do Love Burnley Football Club.

I speak as I find whoever that may upset or anger, as in last season, I was wrong with my prediction of Burnley being lucky to survive, survive they did but with a few very bad games and a few more with terrible performances, mostly IMO it was predictable and painful to see.

I'm all for players coming through the ranks and I know you have to blood these players, O'Neil for one was one to watch, when he came into the team it was because BFC had no one else to turn to, he did a reasonable job with what they asked him to do but he hardly stood out and changed games.

Anderson who could be good is maybe at the same junction as O'Neil was, still raw and not used to the cut and thrust of Premier League.

Blooding players is great but you have to have exceptional players around these who are breaking into the first team, our exceptional player is now plying his trade with Everton and the ones that are left are prone to mistakes, novices themselves or still learning their trade.

A Doom monger I am not, I just find it frustrating that we seem to be relying on novice players maybe coming through along with players who are not good enough (Arfield for one) to compete in the so called best League in the World when we have money to strengthen properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    A Doom monger I am not, I just find it frustrating that we seem to be relying on novice players maybe coming through along with players who are not good enough (Arfield for one) to compete in the so called best League in the World when we have money to strengthen properly.
    And yet when we sign players like Walters and Bardsley who have proved over a number of years that they are good enough to compete in the PL you complain that they won't improve the team much.

It improves the squad somewhat but not the team which is what we need, and as I said its a like for like with Walters getting Boyd's place and Bardsley cover for Lowton, and again like I said and you have no doubt read but not retained, they are not long term, just a supposedly quick fix which may look good but IMO is not.

It improves the squad somewhat but not the team which is what we need, and as I said its a like for like with Walters getting Boyd's place and Bardsley cover for Lowton, and again like I said and you have no doubt read but not retained, they are not long term, just a supposedly quick fix which may look good but IMO is not.
    I'm not sure what you are looking for, is it a big splash of cash or a big name in the way that Joey provided for a short time. I doubt we will ever want to splash big money when players of Walters Calibre can be had for much less and offer ability experience and improvement on what we had. Are there many Irish marquees around as that seems to be the trend.
    The plan is to develop youngsters I presume given the Barnfield development but we need stop gap experience and a stronger back up squad.
    I thought Anderson looked good at Preston, but what he will be like against teams like Chelsea I don't know. It will be interesting to see if he gets the nod on Saturday, as Sean must have been giving him the chance to fit the mould he has for this year. Maybe Tarks will be fit and replace him. He deserves his chance in my view.

I expect the comments were aimed at you and me both Alto, but they're wide of the mark. I'll be happy if Tom makes it in the PL, not disappointed. Same with Gray, I don't rate him as a PL striker and I'd be happy to see the back of him, but if he stays and bangs in 15-20 goals, well happy days, I'll have been proved wrong but will I be disappointed, will I feck.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I'm not sure what you are looking for,
    Not the earth Colner.

How long have we known Michael Keane was going ? And yet we have not replaced him, the old retort on here and seemingly from the Club at the moment is "We'll be O.K. with what we have in Mee, Tarky, Long and Anderson".

How many times has it been said our forward need some proper service ? Have we purchased a creative midfielder or tricky winger to improve this ? NO.

And our forwards, not one of them is potent even when they do get chances, have we improved our attacking options ? IMO No.

Maintaining Premier status is our main priority, with the exception of Jack Cork maybe, I don't see much improvement on our team which is a crying shame as we have money in the Bank, I don't want the world, I don't want to throw the sink at it, but I do want some players who would address what I have written above, failing that I see another season of a few good games like the one's against Liverpool, Everton, Palace etc but the majority being mediocre or well below par which would mean another lack lustre season.

Not the earth Colner.

How long have we known Michael Keane was going ? And yet we have not replaced him, the old retort on here and seemingly from the Club at the moment is "We'll be O.K. with what we have in Mee, Tarky, Long and Anderson".

How many times has it been said our forward need some proper service ? Have we purchased a creative midfielder or tricky winger to improve this ? NO.

And our forwards, not one of them is potent even when they do get chances, have we improved our attacking options ? IMO No.

Maintaining Premier status is our main priority, with the exception of Jack Cork maybe, I don't see much improvement on our team which is a crying shame as we have money in the Bank, I don't want the world, I don't want to throw the sink at it, but I do want some players who would address what I have written above, failing that I see another season of a few good games like the one's against Liverpool, Everton, Palace etc but the majority being mediocre or well below par which would mean another lack lustre season.
    I think Sean has said he's looking for two more
    Dyche said: “We’re still only carrying about 19 outfield wise. “A perfect scenario is two in every position and a couple of young lads who are pushing. “We’re nearly there, but we’re not quite there. “We’re getting back into good shape, we’re looking at a few options and seeing if we can make them happen.”

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/...turf-1-8672194

I think Taylor looked the part at Preston, as did Jack Cork, and Walters
    I thought Brady Joey BG and Defour are creative, if they get the chance.
    Not yet sure about Hendricks and agree with you on Andre. I see West Ham have sold Fletcher to Boro leaving a slot for a centre forward so maybe he will still be off.
    I agree we need a fast and tricky winger, and wonder if Aygei will come good as a striker. He only got a few minutes at Preston but looked a handful.
    Let's see what FOrest can do - hope Darikwa doesn't show us what we are now missing!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)