+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tom Anderson...

OC, West Ham have just spent £40m on Hernandez and Arnautovic, I don't think Gray will still be on their shopping list, if he ever was.

Alto, you put Long and Anderson on your list of our CBs for the PL. Sean isn't daft, he lives in the real, harsh world of PL football, not the Alice in Wonderland, fantasy world of football forums. He knows Long and Anderson are nowhere near the level we need to prosper in the PL. He'll bring in another CB, Long will be 4th choice and Anderson will be back out on loan. Don't worry about our defence, it will be sorted, and it won't be Long or Anderson who are sorting it.

I mentioned Long and Anderson as we have not got much more Sinkov, even with a fresh CB coming in the back up is not great, so if injuries or suspensions which Mee likes a booking and also Tarky can be a loose cannon sometimes we'd be a bit lightweight.

I too don't see Gray departing for West Ham with their new recruits, but you never know, if he does stay I hope he proves me and others wrong and improves a great deal as I'd like to eat my words.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    OC, West Ham have just spent £40m on Hernandez and Arnautovic, I don't think Gray will still be on their shopping list, if he ever was.

Alto, you put Long and Anderson on your list of our CBs for the PL. Sean isn't daft, he lives in the real, harsh world of PL football, not the Alice in Wonderland, fantasy world of football forums. He knows Long and Anderson are nowhere near the level we need to prosper in the PL. He'll bring in another CB, Long will be 4th choice and Anderson will be back out on loan. Don't worry about our defence, it will be sorted, and it won't be Long or Anderson who are sorting it.
    I will have to fall out with you on this one sinkov! Long and Anderson might not be Bobby Moore or Rio Ferdinand but they are honest professionals and both of them are as hard as nails.

If SD did not think they have it in them, they would have been despatched by now. Like you say, I'll leave it with someone who knows what they are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I will have to fall out with you on this one sinkov! Long and Anderson might not be Bobby Moore or Rio Ferdinand but they are honest professionals and both of them are as hard as nails.

If SD did not think they have it in them, they would have been despatched by now. Like you say, I'll leave it with someone who knows what they are talking about!
    Well they're both still here I'll give you that, and Long has even worked his way up to being our No4 choice at centre-half, but it's taken him seven years. Two seasons ago when we were in the Championship Dyche loaned him out to D1. So clearly he doesn't rate him that highly.

Tom has been a feature of pre-season friendlies for years now, but so were Wes Fletcher, Alex McDonald, Alex-Ray Harvey, Steven Hewitt etc, Tom has outlasted them all but he's still no nearer breaking through than when he was a ****ager, and that's a long while ago now.

You can talk them up all you want BT, I'm certainly not intending to knock either of them, but if you start talking about them as PL starters then I'm just bringing some reality to bear. Honest and hard they may, decent lads the pair of them I'm sure, but Premier League players, not yet, Long has an awful lot to prove, and not even close in Tom's case.

Long out to Northampton for the season, wouldn't be surpised if Anderson will be loaned out again also. Shame but neither anywhere near PL Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bpgburn View Post
    Long out to Northampton for the season, wouldn't be surpised if Anderson will be loaned out again also. Shame but neither anywhere near PL Standard.
    Not seen that yet.
    Is that to give Sean a lift home?
    Or maybe vice versa!

Just to avoid confusion, it is Chris Long who has been loaned to Northampton ----NOT Kevin Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Just to avoid confusion, it is Chris Long who has been loaned to Northampton ----NOT Kevin Long.
    That makes more sense.
    Sean can keep tabs on him too!

I am totally amazed Chris Long is still with us...

Attachment 5652

Cobblers - he's off again!
    That's the Long and short of it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)