+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T A tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I think that is how it started MM but now it just all goes into the treasury coffers
    Fair enough then

Thats a shame CA Miller, especially when footy pays out despicable amounts of money on players these days. While more important things like funds towards hospital care often gets overlooked.

Acido could you do me a big favour and change your avatar when you use our board please.

Acido could you do me a big favour and change your avatar when you use our board please.
    Err Id rather keep it as it is Slim, but thats certainly an unusual request from a fan on here lol.
    Surely you've seen some worse ones than mine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err Id rather keep it as it is Slim, but thats certainly an unusual request from a fan on here lol.
    Surely you've seen some worse ones than mine ?
    Ok I know when I'm beat.......how about making it really small then ?

I am one of the 50% of people who earn less than £30,000 per year. We - the people on less than £30,000 per year make up 50% of the population and over 50% of NHS use (many better off people pay private health insurance) - we pay in 2.5% of the cost. We get the same treatment as the top 10% who pay 50% of the tax between them and pay a pittance towards it. Thank goodness for the NHS (which the Tories have shown zero inclination to privatise), thank goodness we live in Britain, thank goodness we have lots of well off people to subsidise us so that we don't end up with a massive bill like the example in this thread. Just be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    I am one of the 50% of people who earn less than £30,000 per year. We - the people on less than £30,000 per year make up 50% of the population and over 50% of NHS use (many better off people pay private health insurance) - we pay in 2.5% of the cost. We get the same treatment as the top 10% who pay 50% of the tax between them and pay a pittance towards it. Thank goodness for the NHS (which the Tories have shown zero inclination to privatise), thank goodness we live in Britain, thank goodness we have lots of well off people to subsidise us so that we don't end up with a massive bill like the example in this thread. Just be grateful.
    The tories are privatising it right now, selling chunks off to Virgin healthcare as we speak...just one example of many....https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-bath-somerset wake up and smell the coffee, your ignorance is going to ruin the NHS for the millions who follow us...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    The tories are privatising it right now, selling chunks off to Virgin healthcare as we speak...just one example of many....https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-bath-somerset wake up and smell the coffee, your ignorance is going to ruin the NHS for the millions who follow us...
    At the end of the day MM, I don't care who provides the care as long as it is free at the point of use.

The most ardent supporter of retaining the NHS fully in govt hands would have to agree that it is run in a disjointed way and sometimes not having the patients interests first.

So bringing in fresh blood with fresh ideas may be just the tonic required.

At the end of the day MM, I don't care who provides the care as long as it is free at the point of use.

The most ardent supporter of retaining the NHS fully in govt hands would have to agree that it is run in a disjointed way and sometimes not having the patients interests first.

So bringing in fresh blood with fresh ideas may be just the tonic required.
    It's the thin end of the wedge isn't it though? can't you see what is nailed on going to happen? it won't be free at the point of use will it, you will be charged an ever increasing amount, the vile tories are pushing the agenda to sell the NHS off and make British healthcare mirror the American model, if you don't want that, then you must speak out now, and all the tories on here giving it large are all betraying the future generations, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    It's the thin end of the wedge isn't it though? can't you see what is nailed on going to happen? it won't be free at the point of use will it, you will be charged an ever increasing amount, the vile tories are pushing the agenda to sell the NHS off and make British healthcare mirror the American model, if you don't want that, then you must speak out now, and all the tories on here giving it large are all betraying the future generations, simple as that.
    Completely disagree, free at the point of use is a red line with the british public and any party that made it payable at point of use would quickly be shown the door.

But it cant be allowed to not use operating theatres on friday afternoons because consultants want to start the weekend early, or having to go to appointments on multiple visits because they couldnt get there act together and do it all on the first visit. And then there is the various scandals up and down the country.

The NHS is a marvelous service most of the time but it needs reform and the unions and various Royal Collages need to get together and lead that reform, instead of maintaining there own vested interests.

IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast