+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andreas Samaris

Andreas Samaris

Looks like this guy is going to sign with us, must say I've never heard of him until the last few weeks but he is rated as a good midfielder at 28 years old. Onwards and upwards.

have we renewed our interest in him
    we were interested in him in early June but 17 mill for him is steep

very steep

cant or wouldn't want us to pay that for him wit the options there are out there

This must be the 5th thread we've had on him now

We were linked with him a while back.

I can think of other players i'd want before him but at this point i don't think we'll get them as prices are so high. If Rafa thinks he fits in with the style of team and play he wants then i'm happy to support that.

I agree that £17 million seems high but i think that is just the market prices at the minute.

Just saw on The Mag that his price has dropped to 13 mil

Yes the Portugese press have said the deal for the Benfica defensive midfielder is close,I will wait until he is holding up the shirt.

.. Everton had a 14 million bid turned down for him ..

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Just saw on The Mag that his price has dropped to 13 mil

he would be an impeovemnt on colback

but he goes missing an doesn't like a tackle

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Yes the Portugese press have said the deal for the Benfica defensive midfielder is close,I will wait until he is holding up the shirt.
    They've been saying it for weeks.

Didn't know about the Everton bid.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he would be an impeovemnt on colback

but he goes missing an doesn't like a tackle
    Doesn't sound too impressive. Is there an other hidden gems playing in the portuguese league pboro?

Don't understand what all this 15-20 million talk is about in the press.

The guy has literally been begging for games for 2 seasons & his value on Transfer Markt site which is more or less always on the money has him registered at 6.8 million quid.

With a current club looking for fresh faces and to get players off the wage bill, like we have done with the mighty Murphy heading off to pastures new, interested parties wouldn't be offering more than 5 million quid.

Had an interested party come in with 15-20 million as previously mooted in reports Benfica would have torn their arm oot a socket charva!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr...spieler/140032

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)