+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley wins court case about pub argument.

Ashley wins court case about pub argument.

Case settled in court today where an investment banker claimed Ashley offered him £15 million on a deal over SD profits.

Ashley told the judge he had drunk so much he couldn't remember the discussion and couldn't even remember the next pub he went into.

The judge ruled in Ashley's favour.

I hope he didn't make his promises to Rafa in a drunken pub tour.

Aye, would be a problem for us.

I'm not sure about this case much but is the basic jist of it - someone said Ashley said something but they had nothing in writing etc. Ashley said he was paralytically drunk and couldn't remember doing any of what they said so they took ashley to court and judge ruled in Ashley's favour?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye, would be a problem for us.

I'm not sure about this case much but is the basic jist of it - someone said Ashley said something but they had nothing in writing etc. Ashley said he was paralytically drunk and couldn't remember doing any of what they said so they took ashley to court and judge ruled in Ashley's favour?
    That's about it Jammy. The investment banker claimed that he could increase either SD turnover/profits or efficiency over a certain period and that Ashley had offered him £15 million if he could do it. I don't know what his targets were supposed to be but the judge chucked the case out in favour of Ashley.

Things looking up for him. It's quite an achievement for him to win a case in court when it comes down to honesty.

The other fellow must have been a bit of a schmock to think Ashley would part with that sort of money without a fight to the death.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 26-07-2017 at 01:16 PM.

The other guy must also be a bit of an idiot.

Nothing in writing from a pub conversation. . . The amount of ****e i speak and hear in the pubs in relation to what i/others could do.

To be honest, he must of been mad if he thought the judge would rule in his favour.

the fat c0cney slug should have used being p1ssed as an excuse when keegan rinced the fat f'uck in court.

well done king kev lad........proper geordie legend 1-0 southern plastic knacker

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    the fat c0cney slug should have used being p1ssed as an excuse when keegan rinced the fat f'uck in court.

well done king kev lad........proper geordie legend 1-0 southern plastic knacker
    Well that was a bit different wasn't it

of unfit mind would have been the plead

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post

i just wish some of keegans employers had taken the preverbal bottler to court for walking out on contacts

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i just wish some of keegans employers had taken the preverbal bottler to court for walking out on contacts
    What has that to do with this thread?

But with Ashley it was proven without doubt that Keegan's contract had been broken and Ashley was proved to have lied in court.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    What has that to do with this thread?

But with Ashley it was proven without doubt that Keegan's contract had been broken and Ashley was proved to have lied in court.
    just saying people do win in court but it doesnt make them right
    keegan of all people should never have taken anyone to court over a broken contract
    he slinked out of more clubs than enough

a proper bottler of the highest order

when the going gets tough keegam gets going

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)