+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher to Preston

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Fair comment poker. Still think we need someone as well to put the ballinthe onion bag as well but doubt it will happen
    Well Pringle averaged about 5 goals a season with us.

Cross wires there grist not talking about prings think we have other priorities.

Fisher signed for Preston, undisclosed fee.

Yep the last of the Stubbs duck eggs out of the door and thank feck for that.

For you PNE fans have a read of this it dunt make good reading...

Fisher made 35 appearances for the Millers. His athleticism made him a threat going forward at times but he was often found wanting as a defender and was an isolated figure in the dressing room.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...ston-1-8671386
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-07-2017 at 04:40 PM.

He's gone.
    Obviously Warney didn't like him (Stubbs signing) Unbelievable

Good luck Fisher

Just Stubbs number one fan to go now then.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    6 weeks ago Pringle would have walked into the side now not so sure . We have genuine pace down both flanks and 2 full backs who get forward . Mattock is a great crosser of the ball Taylor has pace../Yet to see how Purrington fits in we paid 300k for him. Pringle now would be another body without making the team any better . Replacement RB for fisher and maybe another CD if Belaid goes as well .Otherwise IMHO we are good .If this side keep together and does get swamped by injuries we will be up there.
    I don't want Pringle back. Sure chairman wouldn't have him back, Pringle hasn't been very complementary about events at the New York since he left. But you can't compare Pringle & Taylor at the same age. 4 seasons ago Pringle was the best crosser of a ball in league 1. Taylor never been a crosser of a ball.

Anyone know how much we sold him for

Sorry to disagree with some but for me Fisher's departure is a good peace of business.

Collapsing on the floor when you are within 30 yards of your goal is never a tactic that would ever work well. Poor at passing and maybe PNE see something in him that I failed to. Have to say though, he was better than ok when he first arrived at NYS but his ability and attitude seemed to nosedive with the succession of managers brought in. So maybe there is a bright future for him elsewhere and I wish him luck with that. Not a fans' favourite and he would get crucified if last season's form continued in L1 - but if anyone can get the best out of him it will be SG. SG is good at spotting potential and maybe that is what SG has bought into.

As for Pringle, I would have him back. In L1 I'm sure he would do a good job for us.

Is SG still there manager Pete?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast