+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More ins and outs to come

More ins and outs to come

Pleased to see the shop is still open after Warne suggested it might be closing for the summer. 2 or 3 more quality signings and we could be a genuine force in this division, something I never imagined me saying 2 months ago. So, credit where credit's due, well done Warne for re-shaping and re-energising the squad and re-igniting dwindling spirits in such a short space of time and with minimum financial outlay. Obviously, we've yet to see how we perform in a competitive environment but the dark clouds are lifting...

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Pleased to see the shop is still open after Warne suggested it might be closing for the summer. 2 or 3 more quality signings and we could be a genuine force in this division, something I never imagined me saying 2 months ago. So, credit where credit's due, well done Warne for re-shaping and re-energising the squad and re-igniting dwindling spirits in such a short space of time and with minimum financial outlay. Obviously, we've yet to see how we perform in a competitive environment but the dark clouds are lifting...
    I must admit I too am relieved to hear we are still looking to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I must admit I too am relieved to hear we are still looking to improve
    It's a bit of a U-turn though, as Warney was saying that he was happy with the squad a couple of days ago!

Interesting that Fisher seems likely to go. Does this me that he sees Vaulks covering if Emanuel gets injured? If so, the need to strengthen in midfield is important.

Feel a bit better about season, but still cautious as friendly results can be misleading. I have a feeling that away results may be better than home in the early part of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    It's a bit of a U-turn though, as Warney was saying that he was happy with the squad a couple of days ago!
    Maybe but I'm glad he's not stubborn enough to dig his heels in and keep to his no more policy. It shows that he always open to improve the squad and will do whatever it takes to make it better.

That's what impression I got