+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five strikers

Five strikers

Said to be on Rafas short list if you can believe the local press.
    Bas Dost,Batshuayi (loan) Josh King,Islam Slimani,Mattia Destro.
    If true I would like to see Bas Dost in a Toon shirt.

Aye he would be good but wouldn't he cost like £30 million? Why is he allowed to leave on loan?

I've always favoured a move for Batshuyai.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye he would be good but wouldn't he cost like £30 million? Why is he allowed to leave on loan?

I've always favoured a move for Batshuyai.
    It's speculation about Batshuyai because Chelsea have signed Morata.

Batshuyai would easily be the best signing of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by HertfordshireGeordie View Post
    Batshuyai would easily be the best signing of the window.
    I still think we need a really good number 10 before any striker

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    I still think we need a really good number 10 before any striker
    If he can stay fit and its a massive if De Jong would be perfect for that role.

Coining a clichéd phrase - like a new signing.

If he can stay fit and its a massive if De Jong would be perfect for that role.

Coining a clichéd phrase - like a new signing.
    Totally agree Jammy. This season his fitness and stamina could both make the team and make his career.

his fitness and stamina ??

explain

he played 10 games last season

i think he has played less than that for us in 4 seasons i think

he looks phucked in training

there is know way what so ever he will be fit for 10-15 games next season
    so why buy a striker thinking he can be a number 10 for a quarter of the games

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    his fitness and stamina ??

explain
    It's how fit a player is and how much he can play in game/season

he played 10 games last season
    Bit of a mistake here. He started 10 games for PSV and did another 9 off the bench. He also started another 2 games for Ajax - obviously the Ajax loan was when he was coming back from injury so played mostly in the reserves.

i think he has played less than that for us in 4 seasons i think
    Also wrong he's done 22 games for us in total (including off the bench) for us. So slightly over the 21 games he played on loan.

he looks phucked in training
    I'd disagree, think he looks the fittest we've seen him but each to their own.

there is know way what so ever he will be fit for 10-15 games next season
    so why buy a striker thinking he can be a number 10 for a quarter of the games
    I disagree again, think he will be fit as Rafa will use him properly rather than just trying to get him back as soon as possible. We need another striker because we currently only have 2 (3 if you count Perez but it seems Rafa counts him in number 10 role).

It's how fit a player is and how much he can play in game/season

Bit of a mistake here. He started 10 games for PSV and did another 9 off the bench. He also started another 2 games for Ajax - obviously the Ajax loan was when he was coming back from injury so played mostly in the reserves.

Also wrong he's done 22 games for us in total (including off the bench) for us. So slightly over the 21 games he played on loan.

I'd disagree, think he looks the fittest we've seen him but each to their own.

I disagree again, think he will be fit as Rafa will use him properly rather than just trying to get him back as soon as possible. We need another striker because we currently only have 2 (3 if you count Perez but it seems Rafa counts him in number 10 role).
    I reckon if he stays fit and gets his form back he could end being ***** for us. Could go pear shaped but Rafa sees more of him than we do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)