+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mikel Merino

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    sorry but rafa is and was in charge of all thing s football its what he wanted
    regardless of who got them here its his job in the last two windows to ship them out
    Horlicks.Charnley and Ashley agree the wages and WELL you know it. That is all I posted about.

no you dont you presume from what the media tell you and what suits your argument

where has anyone said rafa since he has been in control of footballing matters that he doesnt get to choose etc

i was with someone from the club the other day playing goldf and everyone is under no illusions rafa is in controll of everything hence why carr was forced out

the only problem is he is trying to convince charnley and raf he is maing the right decisions

they are very aware he over spent last season and panded us with players on big wages with little chance of selling them on

he has cost us a lot of money or at least tied a lot of it up

sorry but rafa is and was in charge of all thing s football its what he wanted
    regardless of who got them here its his job in the last two windows to ship them out
    What a load of crap.

Rafa might be in charge of football but it's not his role to go out and say to clubs this is my player, do you want him etc. He'll say to Charnley "i don't want so and so" and he'll say to the agent "find so and so a new club he has no future at Newcastle" but he has no power in getting other clubs to bid for them.

To blame him on not being able to ship players out is to me pathetic and looking for whatever reason possible to blame Rafa for anything possible.

, forgot about him

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    What a load of crap.

Rafa might be in charge of football but it's not his role to go out and say to clubs this is my player, do you want him etc. He'll say to Charnley "i don't want so and so" and he'll say to the agent "find so and so a new club he has no future at Newcastle" but he has no power in getting other clubs to bid for them.

To blame him on not being able to ship players out is to me pathetic and looking for whatever reason possible to blame Rafa for anything possible.
    no different to blaming charnley

raf has only pulled 3 aside and told them to get new clubs and then plays one of them ?????

iuggest rafa doesnt know what his team is or what his squad offers

why he even had de jong back and the likes

he had months to say who would and wouldnt be in his tram this season

he would have known at xmas when he was trying to get players in as the ones he had he didnt think were good enough for the fizzy

he needs to go to games with the players he knows wll be good enough and leave those left behind in know uncertain terms that yoj are going

currently due to his weakness he is tagging players along

no different to blaming charnley
    Slightly different to blaming Charnley, he's been her for ages and bought players which is his role. Rafa hasn't been here ages and his role is to sort the team which he is doing. Then tell players they have no future here - which he's doing and telling Charnley to sell them, which i assume he has done.

raf has only pulled 3 aside and told them to get new clubs and then plays one of them ?????
    I don't think that matters, the players still have contracts here. If Rafa wants to play them to save another player for another game then that his prerogative. Seems fine to me, also shows clubs that player is fit.

iuggest rafa doesnt know what his team is or what his squad offers
    Well i imagine his is still seeing what his first choice team is and what his squad offers, it's pre-season. That tends to be what this time of year is for, particularly when we have quite a few coming back of loan plus new players come in for the challenge of a different division.

why he even had de jong back and the likes
    Well for me (and i assume Rafa if he keeps playing him) is that De Jong could be a great player for us this season if he stays fit. I think he'll fit very naturally in the number 10 role that Rafa wants filled.

he had months to say who would and wouldnt be in his tram this season
    Except several of them were away on loan, others may have stepped up in mind etc. I'm sure he did have a rough plan but pre-season helps iron everything out.

he would have known at xmas when he was trying to get players in as the ones he had he didnt think were good enough for the fizzy
    He was trying to get players that were good enough for prem and were willing to work in fizzy. He would of know some players - hence likes of Anita not being renewed, Sels being loaned out, Murphy being sold. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to prove here?

he needs to go to games with the players he knows wll be good enough and leave those left behind in know uncertain terms that yoj are going
    He's doing that to a large degree. Ok last night he didn't do that with Saviet but perhaps in playing him he was saving having to play an U23 player or using Lascalles before he's back from injury fully.

currently due to his weakness he is tagging players along
    He's the manager and it's a squad game, no problems in fully evaluating your squad. You've said you own businesses or have in the past etc. I'm sure you must have had employees that you wanted to evaluate for a bit before properly hiring or saying no ta.

I know you don't like or rate Rafa Pboro but this really feels like you're scraping the barrell in regards finding something to have a go at him for.

Slightly different to blaming Charnley, he's been her for ages and bought players which is his role. Rafa hasn't been here ages and his role is to sort the team which he is doing. Then tell players they have no future here - which he's doing and telling Charnley to sell them, which i assume he has done.

I don't think that matters, the players still have contracts here. If Rafa wants to play them to save another player for another game then that his prerogative. Seems fine to me, also shows clubs that player is fit.

Well i imagine his is still seeing what his first choice team is and what his squad offers, it's pre-season. That tends to be what this time of year is for, particularly when we have quite a few coming back of loan plus new players come in for the challenge of a different division.

Well for me (and i assume Rafa if he keeps playing him) is that De Jong could be a great player for us this season if he stays fit. I think he'll fit very naturally in the number 10 role that Rafa wants filled.

Except several of them were away on loan, others may have stepped up in mind etc. I'm sure he did have a rough plan but pre-season helps iron everything out.

He was trying to get players that were good enough for prem and were willing to work in fizzy. He would of know some players - hence likes of Anita not being renewed, Sels being loaned out, Murphy being sold. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to prove here?

He's doing that to a large degree. Ok last night he didn't do that with Saviet but perhaps in playing him he was saving having to play an U23 player or using Lascalles before he's back from injury fully.

He's the manager and it's a squad game, no problems in fully evaluating your squad. You've said you own businesses or have in the past etc. I'm sure you must have had employees that you wanted to evaluate for a bit before properly hiring or saying no ta.

I know you don't like or rate Rafa Pboro but this really feels like you're scraping the barrell in regards finding something to have a go at him for.
    Exactly, I don't like his hair or his glasses. Get rid of him useless Champions League winning excuse of a manager 😂

Jammy as usual it's nothing more or less than a pathetic childish wind up.

Jammy, as usual it's nothing more than a silly childish wind up.

the reason no one came in in January was because rafa wouldn't let anyone go and we couldn't increase the wage bill

we even offered to let Sammy go on a free instaed of a loan and we would pay some of his wages and he recalled him
    then played him once costing us hundreds of thousands in wages
    there were others too

and this was when rafa was in charge

I agree in the past it may have been different undder other managers
    but rafa wanted full control
    he got it

the club cannot understand why he is wastng tme on finding a keeper when we have a few they feel are good enough for the prem
    so do most of us

charnley has asked for a list
    raf gave him 3 names and then played one of them

3 names from a squad that needs reducing by at least 10 players

we apparently wanted to do a player plus cash swap for murphy ,but we couldn't decide on what players to let go until he had seen them in pre season games

for phuck sake he has ahd a whole season to see what he does and doesn't want

and so far he has put 3 forward
    shipped a couple out on loan who were th eusuall suspects

so in January when he was looking for extra players ,which clearly makes it look like the ones he had couldn't do the job wny didn't he ship a few out then ??

give them away if needs and save on wages

a player sold in January or even given away would have saved a few hundred thousand on wages and clubs are desperate in January

Rafa brought Sammy back because he COULDN'T get Townsend. NOT the other way around.

DEAR ME!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)