+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: this season

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    so did the BOD just dismiss any fans reps concerns deeranged?
    On Pravda, me, Mr sensible and valleyboy were cracking up aboot the season ticket hike and ridiculous ticketing arrangements for run of the mill games.

We were shouted Doon for being drama queens.....i just had a peak on Pravda and there's certainly a few squealers now aboot ticket sales.

Moral of the story is wait a couple of years and Pravda come roond to my, Mr sensible and 18 point warning valleyboys thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    so did the BOD just dismiss any fans reps concerns deeranged?
    You're a clever guy Shaded. I'll let you draw conclusions.

Bottom line trumps bums on seats.

I have to agree with the theory behind all ticket as all the cash handling is in one secure location and it reduces potential for any funny play; also gives multiple payment methods so increases customer choice. But for Buckie fkn Thistle???????

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You're a clever guy Shaded. I'll let you draw conclusions.

Bottom line trumps bums on seats.

I have to agree with the theory behind all ticket as all the cash handling is in one secure location and it reduces potential for any funny play; also gives multiple payment methods so increases customer choice. But for Buckie fkn Thistle???????

Deeranged we have had our discussions on this before, so wont dredge up old arguements...

But the Cox will probably have a 1000 empty seats at most games this season...

The queuing for tixs is an utter shambles at the shop before ko...

Its definitely costing us fans...

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Deeranged we have had our discussions on this before, so wont dredge up old arguements...

But the Cox will probably have a 1000 empty seats at most games this season...

The queuing for tixs is an utter shambles at the shop before ko...

Its definitely costing us fans...
    Agreed. I've always seen the sense in the reasons behind it (and have argued them in support of the club's policy) but believe it's used at times when common sense would dictate it's not entirely necessary.

Joined queue with my dad for cox, half way down queue jdfc said to me its ticket only, left queue to then see if you cud pay cash in main stand, walked past 5 or 6 stewards.

Seen most people had notes In hand for main stand so joined queue with around 100 in it. Looked like only one turnstyle.

After 5 mins in queue steward walks up sandeman street shouting that there's a cash gate in the cox, didn't say where.

Stayed in queue and got to turnstyle which actually had two gates open but two stewards leaning against wall were allowing people walking up sandeman st to queue from btm.

So one style had aboot ten in queue and other had aboot 100.

Shambolic but expect nothing less.

Missed first Fe mins despite getting there between twenty and quarter to 3.

enuff to make people just go hame or the pub mate and dina start me on the street parking,the whole o sandeman st /tanni st coned aff,i ken thats the coonil but sure the club could make a point for the fans,yet we allow the dabs to park ahind the coxy and shank stands(that may have stopped however it was happening)

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Agreed. I've always seen the sense in the reasons behind it (and have argued them in support of the club's policy) but believe it's used at times when common sense would dictate it's not entirely necessary.
    Agree with you with regards to club wanting as much money passed through the shop rather than turnstyle operators hands...

But the club needs to realise that it needs to do everyting in its power to attract fans to Dens.

The tired old excuses about leaving pub 15 mins early or going to Dens midweek to get ticket doesnt wash anymore....

Theres hundreds of 50-50 fans out there and the club shouldnt be putting up obstacles to getting into see Buckie Thistle or even Ross Co or fans will just give it a miss

Season tixs sales should be a wake up call

it should be but it wont,they seem hell bent on making the matchday experience as difficult as possible from tickets to the derry sanitisation

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    At 24quid for an adult i doubt it
    confirmed where, by who? Season tickets will suffer due to less Cat A games, folk will do the math and decide not to bother. It's a gamble to increase walk-up price but Nelms and Keyes are investing sh1t loads so no complaints about personnel, surely

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Nelms and Keyes are investing sh1t loads so no complaints about personnel, surely
    Oh Ma Sides

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)