+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquee signings..?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Valued at TEN ££££££million, NUFC are after him!
    NUFC interest cooled says this

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017...est-in-clucas/

Another one saying £4m
    Newcastle have ruled out making a move for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas, according to a reliable journalist.

The Magpies have been heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old this summer, with the Sun claiming that the club were set to make a £4million offer.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ne...e-clucas-hull/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    NUFC interest cooled says this

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017...est-in-clucas/

Another one saying £4m
    Newcastle have ruled out making a move for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas, according to a reliable journalist.

The Magpies have been heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old this summer, with the Sun claiming that the club were set to make a £4million offer.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ne...e-clucas-hull/
    Oldcolner , give us a name then that would be marquee that's fall within our budgets, in reality for us I think a marquee signing would be 20 million plus and I can't see us doing that.

I'd take Clucas as marquee I think for now--- from what I've seen of him he's a good acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Oldcolner , give us a name then that would be marquee that's fall within our budgets, in reality for us I think a marquee signing would be 20 million plus and I can't see us doing that.

I'd take Clucas as marquee I think for now--- from what I've seen of him he's a good acquisition.
    I agree he's a good acquisition and at £4m a great buy, but he's not a household name or crowd drawer in the way say Barton was.
    I'm happy not to have a marquee signing, and to grow our own or buy good value experience but others on this thread were and to suggest Clucas is one is stretching credibility.
    Cork and Walters are nearer the mark for me.

All I have said is that Clucas is about as near to a marquee signing as we are about to get and I for one am really happy about that.

Billy Big Bollox Syndrome is the last thing we need in our squad!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All I have said is that Clucas is about as near to a marquee signing as we are about to get and I for one am really happy about that.

Billy Big Bollox Syndrome is the last thing we need in our squad!
    Cork and Walters are nearer a marquee for me. However I would be very happy to get Clucas for £4M, £10M less so!
    Hull seem to having a car boot sale.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Cork and Walters are nearer a marquee for me. However I would be very happy to get Clucas for £4M, £10M less so!
    Hull seem to having a car boot sale.
    We should try and benefit (and quickly!) by buying Clucas on the cheap. Assem Allam the Hull owner is allegedly having a fire sale to try and recoup some of his reported £120 million outlay.

Cork and Walters are far from marquee signings- Oxlade - Chamberlain would be a marquee signing.......and the nearest he will get to Turf Moor is the away team dressing room.

Clucus would be a step in the right direction, and for me a snip at £4M.

Also Hughes who we supposedly was after a while ago would also be nice.

Midfielders we seem to have a few now, so maybe we would benefit from a winger and a goal scorer and not forgetting a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Clucus would be a step in the right direction, and for me a snip at £4M.

Also Hughes who we supposedly was after a while ago would also be nice.

Midfielders we seem to have a few now, so maybe we would benefit from a winger and a goal scorer and not forgetting a CB.
    What about Markovic who they had on loan - he looked the real deal and surplus to requirements at Liverpool as a marquee signing .

Clucas at 4-6 million is good business I think.

Don't know much about Markovic Army.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)