+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquee signings..?

Cool Marquee signings..?

Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon.

Word coming into my earpiece however, is that we are trying to bring in a couple of good value "out of left field" players to add to an already experienced and strong group of players.

..and the news is that it is happening soon!

Charlie Adam fits the bill- he is British and over 30- Gareth Barry anyone?

Sounds good BT, and I certainly don't expect 'marquee' signings. Let's face it, we'd all like to see a solid, reliable, experienced PL centre-half replacing Keane, even me although I have no worries about Tarko, one who could hold our defence together and ensure PL survival. But if such a player was available, although we might be able to afford the transfer fee, he wouldn't sign for us, he'd be snapped up by a club with a bigger wage budget than ours. So I don't worry about it.

.....all this talk of PL experience is very pleasing on the ear - I guess you can learn a lot from the bench, which it seems, is where it'd be sat if hadn't come Burnley.

On the field passing the ball around...all very neat and leisurly - until they come up against some quick thinking rocket with a pal or two to connect with....and before they know it - What just happened ?

but don't worry....am sure there'll be plenty of PL crap we can compete with again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon.

Word coming into my earpiece however, is that we are trying to bring in a couple of good value "out of left field" players to add to an already experienced and strong group of players.

..and the news is that it is happening soon!
    I don't think it's protesting Bt just realism, for me anyway I'd be looking for signings like the lad from Norwich who went to Newcastle ,Murphy I think he's called, clucas from Hull players with flair and some longevity in them.

I'm not sure everyone will be pleased if we get relegated again , the chance is here and now and they need to back Dyche and gamble a bit ( not the lot - I'm not going all out ).

Realistically Keane s money isn't even spent and last years money that was left and then the money for staying up as well , when you look at it like that it doesn't make sense does it?

We're signing I'm sure decent players but not what I would call for the future.

I am certain the boat will be pushed out and floated very soon but with caution and prudence, it's the Burnley way you know?

Attachment 5614

I am certain the boat will be pushed out and floated very soon but with caution and prudence, it's the Burnley way you know?

Attachment 5614
    Does that mean potentially he could be a target Bt

I believe so!

I think this would be a shrewd piece of business , because not only does he fit the criteria I mentioned
    He's also someone I think Dyche would admire with his work ethic and approach to the game .
    Hope it happens , best bit of business we'd do.

I believe so!
    That picture's got me beat, who he ?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)