+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oi Shedka,

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    affshore wi a crowd w a n k
    efter ah they times berating poor Angus
    as i say i hate crowd debates it was the dig at the bairns which i thought was comical considering you guys done the exact same thing

They'll not pay for season tickets but they're happy to shell out for an all expenses paid trip for some z-lister I'd never heard of in my life. #Priorities

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ame-on-sunday/

United are their be all and end all, the only time they can get anything properly above 5k fans out is games against us, can't sell season tickets without the derby in the fixture list, crowds propped up last season by having two visits each from the old firm/sheep pre split, they only have one visit from each this season, around 6k fans in July for a non season ticket game and probably won't manage more in any league game, the motivation for many funsters just isn't there without seeing Utd on the fixture list

Quote Originally Posted by DerryJungle View Post
    They'll not pay for season tickets but they're happy to shell out for an all expenses paid trip for some z-lister I'd never heard of in my life. #Priorities

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ame-on-sunday/
    I think they single handedly keep him in 'employment'

Simple truth is that through self infliction we've put ourselves where we are currently. They're not any better than they've ever been over the last 50 odd years, it's ourselves that's gone doon the swanny. In the meantime, you've just got to be a true supporter, continue to back the team and not the regime and quite simply suck it up. Because, man, they are going to get it back in spades when the natural order resumes. Which it will.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Simple truth is that through self infliction we've put ourselves where we are currently. They're not any better than they've ever been over the last 50 odd years, it's ourselves that's gone doon the swanny. In the meantime, you've just got to be a true supporter, continue to back the team and not the regime and quite simply suck it up. Because, man, they are going to get it back in spades when the natural order resumes. Which it will.
    Just a wee question
    Do we just take fitba results,standing etc since you boys improved?History proves united have been in this position for decades out of the top league.Maybe its just a recurrence of the original "natural order"

ps nae need for the usual trophy virgin look what ive saw blah blah blah as its been done and is history also.Genuinely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Just a wee question
    Do we just take fitba results,standing etc since you boys improved?History proves united have been in this position for decades out of the top league.Maybe its just a recurrence of the original "natural order"

ps nae need for the usual trophy virgin look what ive saw blah blah blah as its been done and is history also.Genuinely interested.
    Dundee FC sat on their laurels mid 60s onwards, sold off their best players and eventually suffered the ignominy of relegation in 75, from which they never recovered. In many ways Utd have made the same mistakes the last 3 year or so. Difference currently though is that back in the day, Utd were genuinely getting better and better concurrently, which at the end of the day is why we supplanted Dundee as top dogs. There is absolutely no evidence of Dundee doing anything remotely similar during our current predicament to accurately replicate what happened back then. Yes I know it's all ifs and buts, but if United get back up this season, then there will have been absolutely no change in the City hierarchy. If we were to stay down for 10 years, well that's a different story.............

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Dundee FC sat on their laurels mid 60s onwards, sold off their best players and eventually suffered the ignominy of relegation in 75, from which they never recovered. In many ways Utd have made the same mistakes the last 3 year or so. Difference currently though is that back in the day, Utd were genuinely getting better and better concurrently, which at the end of the day is why we supplanted Dundee as top dogs. There is absolutely no evidence of Dundee doing anything remotely similar during our current predicament to accurately replicate what happened back then. Yes I know it's all ifs and buts, but if United get back up this season, then there will have been absolutely no change in the City hierarchy. If we were to stay down for 10 years, well that's a different story.............
    Thing is it was us making a c##t of it as per usual and letting jim mclean go that started the swing towards you boys.We have had chances esp during archie knox reign but were being run by dafties.If you get up this season fair enough but what if you stay down for 7 seasons like we did(nae play affs then either).
    Only time will tell.

Not a real comparison going back to pre sixties, we have never had such long periods of being shyte since we became an established big Scottish club and we aren't going to now despite the hopes of funsters, unlike Dundee who have been a laughing stock for decades and by far the least successful of the traditional city clubs in that period, a joke club, and like James said you have still been woefully shyte since you returned to the top flight, just a continuation of what dundee have been throughout all our lifetimes (in many ways worse ie last semi final? even wee'er crowds), nothing to shout about

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Thing is it was us making a c##t of it as per usual and letting jim mclean go that started the swing towards you boys.We have had chances esp during archie knox reign but were being run by dafties.If you get up this season fair enough but what if you stay down for 7 seasons like we did(nae play affs then either).
    Only time will tell.

There's no doubt about it Dundee FC made a huge blunder in letting their very promising young coach go to manage Dundee United. If my grey cells serve me right (?), after John Prentice made his Canadian intentions known, Wee Jim was offered the Dundee FC manager's job but because he would not work with/for their Directors he soon after took the reigns at United. Had Wee Jim remained at Dens, then our subsequent history would be yours.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)