+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: As it stands, Premier Predictions?

They also signed the Ajax captain who will (i very much suspect) do very well in prem. The Spanish striker that had a really good record, the defender on a free from Southampton plus i believe a couple of others.

They've also not finished buying players yet.

Somewhere between 15 - 18 depending on if we can sign a legitimate striker and/or attacking midfielder in this window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    They also signed the Ajax captain who will (i very much suspect) do very well in prem. The Spanish striker that had a really good record, the defender on a free from Southampton plus i believe a couple of others.

They've also not finished buying players yet.
    I remember the Ajax captain who we signed still yet to play more than 5 games a season for us....

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    Think Spurs will win the league. Man City, Chelsea, Man U behind them.
    Three to go down: Huddersfield, Swansea, Burnley.
    Spurs haven't spent any money and are also playing away from white hart lane.
    I happen to think they'll finish outside of the champions league places this season and maybe be lucky to scrape a Europa place.

Obviously it's just my opinion counteracting yours, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley and Watford are all going to find things equally as tough as we do.

stoke seem to be losing a few of their talismatic figures and they are notoriously slow starters.

Swansea, West Brom and Bournemouth aren't guaranteed to be clear of trouble.

I'd take 17th now if it was offered, but hopefully we can keep our heads above water, a finish between 12th - 16th isn't beyond us.

man city will win it.
    I'm with you on this - the bottom half of the PL is pretty tight, and I don't think they're a million miles ahead of us. With a bit of luck, we'll finish above at least 3 of them (we have every reason to think we'll finish higher than the other two promoted sides at least).

Not sure who'll win the title, and don't really care - it's pretty much a different league to the one we'll be playing in. Wouldn't fancy us to take points off any of the top 8.

I think we will be above 15th and also a decent (maybe semi final) cup run. Spurs may win league. They have the advantage that a lot of players will simply bottle it playing a such a great stadium and they are hardly letting any away fans in. They have been close last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Spurs haven't spent any money and are also playing away from white hart lane.
    I happen to think they'll finish outside of the champions league places this season and maybe be lucky to scrape a Europa place.

Obviously it's just my opinion counteracting yours, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
    It will be interesting. Spurs are pretty much the only team who didn't need to buy anyone and that's why they didn't spend. The wrench in the works for them could be the stadium move but time will tell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)