+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikers

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I'd be amazed if we bought a striker,it's got to be a loanee for me as to who I'll leave that to the professionals

Regarding young brooks CW is goin to have to manage him sir Alex style I feel,the expectation as he came on was immense the lad has been hyped up and fans who have not seen him are expecting great things,so far he's delivered but he won't all the time,I hope he gets some slack like some of our other youngsters were afforded,I think chris will use him as an impact player in the last 15/20 mins of games and try to keep the expectation levels of him low
    Thats how I see him playing Brooks too Bully. Last 20 against a tiring defense. Can't wait!

yeah agree rav young brooks and samir coming on for last 20 could cause real problems for teams as for the striker definetly wont be a signing imo maybe a loan till chrimbo what with ched being rumoured not gonna be match fit while october only need a couple of injuries early doors and we could be short in that area

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Thats WAS my debate. In simpler terms, no I don't think we need more strikers in......yet. Tufty will do what he did last season and assess the situation. He quite clearly stated last season that if the strikers didn't take chances they would be replaced. Thats one reason Done is on his way and Sparky has gone. He'll give the current crop a chance first, then one or two could be out if they don't perform. It really is as simple as that with Tufty. After that, who knows, but I don't see a young PL player being the answer.
    That's fair enough, i hope i am wrong and the current lads do the job. The Brentford match is a good test for our first game back, we will see soon enough.

I'll be over the moon if we get to September and Brooks is still a Blade, what a diffference he could make to our season.

As for the striker, yes I think we still need a bit of power and pace up top but I'tll be the hardest position of all to fill. If we leave it while the end of the window, even the lower league 'gems' will be faught over like rats in a pantry by teams that have got off to dodgy starts.

Lee Gregory?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    That's fair enough, i hope i am wrong and the current lads do the job. The Brentford match is a good test for our first game back, we will see soon enough.
    We will indeed. Give it a few games and see where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I'd be amazed if we bought a striker,it's got to be a loanee for me as to who I'll leave that to the professionals

Regarding young brooks CW is goin to have to manage him sir Alex style I feel,the expectation as he came on was immense the lad has been hyped up and fans who have not seen him are expecting great things,so far he's delivered but he won't all the time,I hope he gets some slack like some of our other youngsters were afforded,I think chris will use him as an impact player in the last 15/20 mins of games and try to keep the expectation levels of him low

In a nutshell Bulmer " fans who have not seen him".

Good post which is bang on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    In a nutshell Bulmer " fans who have not seen him".

Good post which is bang on imo.
    Yep totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yep totally agree.
    Why are you and Marvin creepin round Wyatt Earp's(Jos) deputy? Once we get a offer for young BROOKSY he'll be gone but not before we've told the buyin club to cut their accepted offer by 75% tho.This post of mine was posted in jest by the way,just in case anyone thinks i was bein serious.Have a good day BLADES,see ya'll laters. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I would be interested to hear everyone's view on our current strikers. We have enough but in my opinion not the quality we need for the championship. Possible a decent loan signing from a premiership club before the window shuts would help. A bit like Izzy Brown and Abraham did for Udders and Brizzie City late year. If only we could guarantee Ched could stay fit and get back to is best, that would be perfect.
    Out of the strikers we have I think Ched is the key as if he is anything like the player he was before he went away then Billy would certainly benefit from this.

Out of the others - Lavery and Clark, I would have said that Lavery would be the better choice but Leon came back from injury last season a different player and his experience at Championship level could get him the nod over Lavs.

Hanson seems to be overlooked altogether as it looks like his pace (or lack of it) may be a problem at Championship level although for me his physical presence could be a factor in certain situations like for example when we need a target man to hold things up a bit up top.

The emergence of young Brooks is also refreshing as he certainly has the pace and quality to become the first (or second) name on the team sheet when it comes to our attacking midfielder options,

I reckon CW has enough untried options to keep us going until January when we can all then make a judgment on how things have gone and how we should move forward.

A lot also depends on where we are come January and just what do we expect in our first season back after 6 years?.

I would be happy at a mid table position come January and who knows, we could really kick on from there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast