+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Strikers

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    I personally don't see Clarke ot Hanson being sold Gray. Not unless we are having a mare, and Tufty deciides on a different plan anyway. They are both very different players, and useful in different ways. Other scenario is Cheds injuries. Will he sustain more & more and be of little use thus forcing Tufty into bringing in another striker? We'll know more in a few weeks maybe.
    Aye we'll know soon enough Rav. If Evans can get fit and keep fit I think he'll play alongside Billy as first choice. I'm pretty positive about him scoring on the pitch as well as of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    He'll defend from the front win headers or at least stop defenders clearing straight back giving our defence some breathing space and of course be useful at the back from corners,this type of player doesn't need to be blessed with electric pace to be effective you only have to look at peter crouch on Tuesday night when he came on won just about everything laid it off well kept possession and was a threat when the ball was delivered into the box
    Yep I totally understand your point, time will tell Bully. I'll be over the moon for any of our players to prove me wrong and if Wilder and Knill think he can do a job in certain games that'll do for me.

got a feeling the one up top will be used away from home certainly at boro and most away games we will set up more or less 4 5 1 and i think lavery would be ideal in that sort of set up with carruthers and brooks in behind gonna be a very interesting season weve got a hungry set of players very much together on and off the pitch great team spirit and i think were gonna suprise a lot including our porcupine neighbours half way finish would be a fantastic season imo and not an impossibility utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    got a feeling the one up top will be used away from home certainly at boro and most away games we will set up more or less 4 5 1 and i think lavery would be ideal in that sort of set up with carruthers and brooks in behind gonna be a very interesting season weve got a hungry set of players very much together on and off the pitch great team spirit and i think were gonna suprise a lot including our porcupine neighbours half way finish would be a fantastic season imo and not an impossibility utb ftp

Lavery as lone striker? I'd have thought that role would be more suited to someone that can hold the ball up like Billy, Hanson or, even though he doesn't like that role, Clarke.

Certainly won't be starting with Brooks away from home he's goin to be solid 1st and foremost so I'm with rav it will be Billy or Hanson for me the ball would just come straight back at our defence as soon as they cleared it if lavery is up on his own

if your just wanting the lone striker to hold it up hanson or clarke are yer men running channels is laverys forte but you could be right lavery probably a last 20 min sub when defenders are tiring but i do think chris will start cautiously in first few away games with just one up top its his decision who fills that role best

Well we couldn't have a harder first away test then Boro, that's got one up front all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Well we couldn't have a harder first away test then Boro, that's got one up front all over it.
    Boro have signed Ashley Fletcher for£6.5 million today,they obviously know what a tough game they've got wi us don't they? UTCB

your right there gray i think chris will go with one up top against boro probably will be billy pity baldocks injured could have gone with him at right back and freeman in front of him in a 4 5 1 set up and samir may well have leapfrogged duffy for the floating role with his pre season displays if we get a point at boro will be a fantastic result imo

Opinions opinions,carruthers not done it for me preseason perhaps I got spoilt with his 12 minutes at southend

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast