+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The old West Stand

Roma,
    mi mother reckons shi's posh, and can cruise round the med, Russia, Carribean and all ovver... ( she wa Wombwell/Elsecar bred ...) talks lovely Queens English until She meets fowk that Are frum Barnsley and then she slips up . !!
    Or when she mixes wi fowk frum tarn for a week on holiday.

She's never been to a match, ever !
    But she's fight anyone ( and she's 75 ) who slagged Barnsley off as a town and Club

She moved to Denby dale as a kid and married a Huddersfield man (who became a Red). My great grandfather was a preacher at Elsecar church and baptised men down the mine.

She spent 4 or 5 years as a kid in Barnsley till she moved to D Dale with her mum and 3 sisters after my grandad died...
    Father's Day we took mi dad to Oakwell for the lunch and she was so proud, and emotional.... I thought it was for him... but I think it was her who got the most out of it!
    She was SO proud of the stadium, couldnt believe that the food, view,and facilities, were so good. We drive past the new Market and the new car parks and the top of town and she was agog at the transformation

She was so proud .

My point?
    Sometimes we complain and moan, and have expectations about our town and club, that we perhaps have already exceeded.....
    in our lifetime ( I'm 54) how far has this club/Town come? ( not just league position) but as a social/commercial/business. It's easy to be greedy.
    She made me realise what Pride is...

Its always. It's wanting to see it getting better. ....
    she said on the way home that "it's about time that things improved round here, and it looks like it is doing....., people have a poor impression of what this place is about... it looks like it's on the way up, there's no finer people"

There's NOWT wrong wi pride in the Town, the language we talk, write and the place we live in and Support.
    She showed pride to me that day that I hope I never lose...

It wunt let mi put 5 stars on mi fust reply Jules , so eres tutha

I were sat next to a lad last week who said the recent revamp cost 90k

Dragon, Aar carnt wurk art a wurd that Roma speyks n'all. Tows mi tripe art tryinna sooart it art mi owd.

It's a bitta fun, nobdy ez to read it if the dunt want.

If all we ed wo backbiting, points scooaring and name calling we might as well go on BBS which seems to have lost it's humour over the last two/ three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It's a bit of fun that's all between me and a few others !! " pathetic " ? Each to their own , sorry it bothers you so much
    But shouldn't a forum be about all posters exchanging views and opinions? Not just a clique that can understand gibberish...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    But shouldn't a forum be about all posters exchanging views and opinions? Not just a clique that can understand gibberish...
    It's a proud local heritage Gunt, not gibberish.

If tha wants gibberish try listening to them rappers bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Strange but it only appeared on here less than 2 years ago
    Prior to that no proud local heritage
    Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Strange but it only appeared on here less than 2 years ago
    Prior to that no proud local heritage
    Just saying
    People were trying to deny their heritage Ziles by writing posh.

Now is the time to come art and be proud. Tarnspeyk for all.

Exactly which people do you mean
    I can count about 4 or 5
    & you've just written "posh" except for two words

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast