+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The old West Stand

I would pay double for my season ticket if we could have the old brewery back with the same atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You see Gunt you give it a try & immediately the grammar police are on your case
    I used to correct Roma's written English a year or two ago but was always called headmaster or teacher
    His spelling / grammar was that bad I think that's why he turned to this style Covers a multitude of sins

I will guarantee that there is no proper way of spelling as it is spoken as every broad Yorkshire speaker will speak it differently

BTW SB was that Miss Rose who taught RE at the old Ed Sheerien school
    No Ziles. It wo Miss Rose who allus tuk the oldest "top" class at Doduth Green Rooad Primary in the late 50's / early 60's. She wo a reyt tyrant old lass. Nivva tuk to her after she ripped a page arta mi diary that ad written abart Barnsley beeating Luton in 1959 wi a Jack Lunn lob. And she ed mi caned by Mr Beevers.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    No Ziles. It wo Miss Rose who allus tuk the oldest "top" class at Doduth Green Rooad Primary in the late 50's / early 60's. She wo a reyt tyrant old lass. Nivva tuk to her after she ripped a page arta mi diary that ad written abart Barnsley beeating Luton in 1959 wi a Jack Lunn lob. And she ed mi caned by Mr Beevers.

Thanks Just wondered SB
    I saw an old episode of Last Of the Summer Wine the other day & noticed an appearance by Dodworth Colliery Brass Band
    Brought back some memories
    Are they still going?
    Think I saw them at the Miners Gala in Staincross in the late fifties when my girlfriend now wife won the Miss Miners Welfare title & she's still lovely now
    We used to sit in the West Stand then [just to get back to topic before I upset Acido]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 29-07-2017 at 09:07 AM.

A dunt know Ziles.

They ev played on the Oakwell pitch and cud be 'erd in the WEST STAND.

(Get your lass to read thi last pooast and tha certain fo toneet.)

She'd latch on straight away SB & besides it's not my birthday

Duz these recent improvements t Wes Stand meeun ittul b opun ont north side anorl ? Or ev SYP stuck tha beerks in ageeun ?

Warrabart tekkin sum seearts art and evva safe standin area ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I would pay double for my season ticket if we could have the old brewery back with the same atmosphere.
    I remember not liking how it looked when the Brewery stand and then the Pontyend and then the Kop end all got demolished one by one. But the improvements are there to be seen now and the West stand now simply sticks out like a sore thumb.

One thing that disgusted me at the time though and it has been discussed on here before, is how little leeway the FL gave us in Aug '94 when they forced their all seater deadline on us. But didnt loads of other Champship teams (Grimsby, Southend, Derby, Notts County, Swindon, Portsmouth, Reading, & Sunderland ?) ALL get to keep standing areas at their grounds for an extended time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I remember not liking how it looked when the Brewery stand and then the Pontyend and then the Kop end all got demolished one by one. But the improvements are there to be seen now and the West stand now simply sticks out like a sore thumb.

One thing that disgusted me at the time though and it has been discussed on here before, is how little leeway the FL gave us in Aug '94 when they forced their all seater deadline on us. But didnt loads of other Champship teams (Grimsby, Southend, Derby, Notts County, Swindon, Portsmouth, Reading, & Sunderland ?) ALL get to keep standing areas at their grounds for an extended time.
    Just noticed
    Steve Cryne Stadium Manager
    Any relation?

Brother

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567