+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change in recruitment plans according to AK

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    I hope you aren't accusing me of exaggeration Mister. Thats never happened in the history of this board. Never.

Oh come on, we all remember Woodward & Len

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Apparently forced upon us by the emergence of a certain Mr Brooks

Attacking midfielder now no longer on the hit list

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...hink-1-8670780
    Such has been the 20-year-old’s rapid progress since that decision was announced, Knill revealed United have now postponed their search for an attacking midfielder ahead of the new Championship season, which begins when Brentford visit Bramall Lane next month.

And lets hope we are not left with just £'s in the bank,if another club comes a calling at the end of the transfer window,then we are shafted.

wilder is a smart lad. Brooks wont get his first start til the first game in September, he knows McCabe wont resist so he wont advertise him early

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    wilder is a smart lad. Brooks wont get his first start til the first game in September, he knows McCabe wont resist so he wont advertise him early
    I think that ship has already sailed AoB.

Clubs and scouting systems have access to all players worldwide and it's not as though Brooks has gone unnoticed over the past month or so is it?

Aed to that the fact that he'll have been on the radar of a few clubs and his recent performances will have sharpened the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I think that ship has already sailed AoB.

Clubs and scouting systems have access to all players worldwide and it's not as though Brooks has gone unnoticed over the past month or so is it?

Aed to that the fact that he'll have been on the radar of a few clubs and his recent performances will have sharpened the focus.

The only question now us if all these interested clubs match the valuations put forward by some Blades fans.

If there is genuine interest, big fee, season long loan, good sell on deal.

You don't even have to get off your arris now to scout him,I think we've got some kind of contract with SSN akin to someone selling their house and an estate agent,not that it matters everybody was aware of him before this summer,all that's happened since then is the joe bloggs footy fan has been made aware of him

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    You don't even have to get off your arris now to scout him,I think we've got some kind of contract with SSN akin to someone selling their house and an estate agent,not that it matters everybody was aware of him before this summer,all that's happened since then is the joe bloggs footy fan has been made aware of him
    Even that's too much of an effort. You read about him on a forum and put a valuation on him based on someone saying "Diego was the best thing I've ever read about but this boys apparently better"

£20 million McCabe grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Even that's too much of an effort. You read about him on a forum and put a valuation on him based on someone saying "Diego was the best thing I've ever read about but this boys apparently better"

£20 million McCabe grrr
    Ah,Diego,i can remember the clamour to give the lad a new contract,Nigel Clough had insulted him with his contract offer and wanting him to work harder for the team,so we did give him a new contract,i think he played one League Cup game at Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Ah,Diego,i can remember the clamour to give the lad a new contract,Nigel Clough had insulted him with his contract offer and wanting him to work harder for the team,so we did give him a new contract,i think he played one League Cup game at Fulham

Meanwhile minstrels still sing songs about him and somewhere there's a shirt with his name on the back......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast