+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many to Cov?

How many to Cov?

Easy drive, cheap trains, (relatively) feelgood factor... I'll be optimistic and say between 1500-2000...

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    Easy drive, cheap trains, (relatively) feelgood factor... I'll be optimistic and say between 1500-2000...
    I am taking 2 with me in the car.

Steak n chips in Frankie and Benny's, pint, football - job done.

We should take 2000 but can't see it.

If we don't take at least 1000 it will be a very poor turnout given that our away following in a very bad season 2016/2017 was in the main very good for a club of our size.

With a bit of a feel good factor and some decent results we should be capable of taking around 500 to most away games (bar Exeter, Carlisle etc)

I shall be going to around 70% of the away games so that's 1.......

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I am taking 2 with me in the car.

Steak n chips in Frankie and Benny's, pint, football - job done.

We should take 2000 but can't see it.

If we don't take at least 1000 it will be a very poor turnout given that our away following in a very bad season 2016/2017 was in the main very good for a club of our size.

With a bit of a feel good factor and some decent results we should be capable of taking around 500 to most away games (bar Exeter, Carlisle etc)

I shall be going to around 70% of the away games so that's 1.......

Myself and 2 mates driving there. Looking forward to a good win.

I'll be there, but I'm not impressed with the train service between Coventry station and the station at the Ricoh (Coventry Arena). There's only about one train per hour and no extras on match days. If Notts fans are kept in for any length of time after the match, they'll miss the first train back to Coventry and have a long wait for the next one.

Looks like I'll be going by car and paying the £10 parking charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I'll be there, but I'm not impressed with the train service between Coventry station and the station at the Ricoh (Coventry Arena). There's only about one train per hour and no extras on match days. If Notts fans are kept in for any length of time after the match, they'll miss the first train back to Coventry and have a long wait for the next one.

Looks like I'll be going by car and paying the £10 parking charge.
    That's why I never go to Cov by train. Sadly it's a captive market so you have to pay the £10.00

I have never been kept in after the game, aren't those days over - well in L2 ?

I head off for the big car park across the road a few minutes before the end.

Train to Ricoh Arena station is £20 return via Leicester and Nuneaton

Scepticism has set in with many Notts fans after the first euphoric rush but I would say if AH signs up at least one "WOW" signing who is fit enough to play on the day (and does) then there may be 1,000 to 1,200. Add on another "WOW" player and there could be 1,500. To me though, we have only signed one bit of class so far, Grant, and he was half-expected anyway so I don't think anyone shouted WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    That's why I never go to Cov by train. Sadly it's a captive market so you have to pay the £10.00.
    There is a way to get round it, although they have upped the terms. Last time I went I parked in the big retail park right next door, where if you spent £20 in the shops there you got extended parking for free (2 hour limit on matchdays). Looks like the greedy buggers have now upped that to £50:

Match day and event parking
    MATCH AND EVENT DAY CONDITIONS OF PARKING 2 HRS MAXIMUM STAY WITH NO RETURN UNLESS £50 OF PURCHASES FROM ARENA PARK RETAILERS.
    Please retain receipts as proof of purchase for up to 14 DAYS. Unless you have shown your receipts to the Park Watch attendant on site and your registration has been noted by them or you have contacted Park Watch by email at info@parkwatch.co.uk or 01244 283 343.

Tesco have some good beer offers on at the moment, so stock up for Christmas!

1,500 - 1,800 which would be a decent enough turn out.

If we did make another Grant type signing then maybe 2,000+.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    1,500 - 1,800 which would be a decent enough turn out.

If we did make another Grant type signing then maybe 2,000+.
    I suspect we will have less than 1000 there which would be pretty poor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast