+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we good enough yet

Are we good enough yet

How do the fans think we will fair? are we good enough ? Have we played some quality teams? With the exception of Sheff Utd I'm not convinced, we've played non league and Austrian teams we need a bit of quality in this team and I have seen to many players come our way that are far from that. I hope Warney can get a couple of descent lads mainly (strikers) to start ok lads.

Up the millers good luck

Chesterfield aren't league 1 quality so only game I can judge us on is Sheff U. Keeper O'Donnell adequate. Price not. Defence Ajayi a shining light. Mattock yes. Other places up for grabs. No wide men on view. Newell was played central when he came on. Midfield missing a Adeyemi type player. Da Ball yes. Still would like to see JCH given a start against Barnsley. But Warney seems to think he has to play Mcarthy's loan players. Like to see Vaulks at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Chesterfield aren't league 1 quality so only game I can judge us on is Sheff U. Keeper O'Donnell adequate. Price not. Defence Ajayi a shining light. Mattock yes. Other places up for grabs. No wide men on view. Newell was played central when he came on. Midfield missing a Adeyemi type player. Da Ball yes. Still would like to see JCH given a start against Barnsley. But Warney seems to think he has to play Mcarthy's loan players. Like to see Vaulks at right back.
    Warne doesn't "think he has to play McCarthy's loan players," he's playing Moore because he currently has more to offer than JCH.
    Try getting behind the manager rather than constantly criticising him.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Personally I think we need a right back and central defender and a striker (because I still want one that has the confidence and courage to run at the defence) and possibly a midfielder with pin point pass accuracy.

Of course I haven't seen them yet so I'm only going on what people have been saying and the gossip of belaid leaving.

But like gwru says only 2 players in defence who have cemented their place is Mattock and ajayi.

That defence needs to be as tight as tony Stewart's wallet

I

Although Vaulks is a able replacement at RB IF WE NEED ON IN A CRISIS . He is nowhere near as good as Josh Emmanuel is .The loan players where brought in to better the squad, and they have, drastically .They both have a argument to start against F/WOOD. Ipswich rate Josh very highly you should be happy we got him. Its a testament to Warne for getting him. Cannot believe 5 months i was so worried about Warne been coach. Now iam so impressed with what hes done so far.

From what I've seen (not much) no we aren't good enough yet but when Warney decides which is to be his first team choice and they learn to read each other's game then I'm fairly confident but won be surprised if we see more come in in January

Still automatic here we come.

Can't wait for the season to start, cheers moans and more moans especially from Yak

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Warne doesn't "think he has to play McCarthy's loan players," he's playing Moore because he currently has more to offer than JCH.
    Try getting behind the manager rather than constantly criticising him.
    Moore doesn't have more to offer than JCH. Moore you can see there's no goals in him. JCH is more mobile. Still think Warney feels obliged to play Mcarth's loans. Vaulks should be playing Right back proves that. Vaulks won't stop if he's not playing, he's our player was outstanding at Right back in the championship. JCH another who won't stop if he's not getting a chance. Our own players everytime if they are good enough. They are. Emmanual & Moore could be gone in January.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Although Vaulks is a able replacement at RB IF WE NEED ON IN A CRISIS . He is nowhere near as good as Josh Emmanuel is .The loan players where brought in to better the squad, and they have, drastically .They both have a argument to start against F/WOOD. Ipswich rate Josh very highly you should be happy we got him. Its a testament to Warne for getting him. Cannot believe 5 months i was so worried about Warne been coach. Now iam so impressed with what hes done so far.
    Me too I'm impressed with the quality of players we have got in on the cheap. It's like we went to market and hit every stall first.

Can you imagine what squad would be like if we spent some money?

To be honest I'm more optimistic about this season than any other we've had in this decade.