+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The derby

The derby

whats peoples predictions for the derby.

theyve made a couple of decent signings but alot of unknown signings so dont really know what to expect from them. the boy moussa seems to be getting a big rep from their fans for scoring against the mighty buckie and beath.

if united dont be silly (aimed at toshney) then i think we have enough to trouble them. keatings missing is a big miss not just for this game but for future games. mcdonald wont be ready i wouldnt imagine so likely Matty smith will be given the chance.

Lewis
    Toshney durnan edge scobbie
    stanton briels
    mcmullan fraser king
    smith

im hoping he doesnt throw flood into the game as he'll be rusty and not match fit so wont last long.
    if we can get the ball to the wingers then we can defo cause problems to their defence which i dont think is any better than last year.

ill go 2-1 united goals from mcmullan and durnan

It's a very tough one to call given how weak the group had been. On the face of it they would have to be favourites but it could go either way. My prediction is a draw with us winning the penalty shoot out. 🤔

I've been at Dens twice this season (Bolton & Buckie) & along with their fans I think, haven't been overly impressed.

I do think they are stronger tho than at this time year.
    You know the goalie, the full backs are ok, Kerr moreso than Holt, Kerr may be worth money.
    Central defence is brand new & very young, Hendry from Partick via Wigan & Waddell who's one of their own. O'Dea must be injured I think.

Middle of the park new boy Kamara could be a good signing but he's not ended up at Dens on an upward career spiral, maybe hard to work with? O'Hara's ordinary, Spence is a bad signing, Williams & Vincent are bad signings from last season. Allan will be very mercurial as usual and again, what's he doing at Dens, his career has stalled & The Dump will not be the place to resurrect it. If he does play tho, he'll be their best player. Wolters & Deacon wide right & left & both strong boys, could be decent signings. McGowan's McGowan, a wee toerag who on a good day directs a lot of their play.

Upfront they've got El Bak & Haber, El Bak thinks he's still playing futsal but scores a spectacular goal every 6 months. Haber's pish. And the Moose, of course, is coming to get us....

Dundee 3 (Moussa 3) United 6 (McMullen, King, Stanton, Fraser, Smith, McDonald).

from what ive seen or remember the boy hendry is decent and allan isnt as good as people think but that doesnt mean we can allow him to dictate play if we do then he can hurt us. the others are all unknown with some of their new signings looking decent with some looking poor.
    their defence is defo there to be got at! we now have pace and width in the team so lets use it against holt and kerr. both decent on their day but nothing special. kerr jumps in alot and holt falls asleep. thats where we should be trying to exploit. win the battle in the middle then out wide to the wingers! try and isolate the 1v1s
    Smith might be decent up against two younger inexperienced CB's we should test them early on esp from balls down the channel using smiths pace and from set pieces. durnan and edge are aggressive in the air so hopefully we can capitalize on that aswell.

i still have united down to win itll be a rubbish game football wise but have a feeling we'll just have enough.

Honestly haven't got a clue, but with bombscare Toshney and soft lad Fraser on the park we're starting with 9 men, then a raw bairn upfront it's gonna be a tough shift.

Had we had everyone fit and ready to go I might have been more confident.

If we start wee that team and formation Darren we will do well to win , no height or physical presence , very difficult to predict this one coming so early in the season they must start as favourites , Smedum you are either at the wind up , drunk or mental , can't decide which 😂😂😂😂

Spot on Wullie

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    If we start wee that team and formation Darren we will do well to win , no height or physical presence , very difficult to predict this one coming so early in the season they must start as favourites , Smedum you are either at the wind up , drunk or mental , can't decide which 😂😂😂😂
    i wasnt suggesting that was the team id pick i reckon thats the team Ray would go with. in my team toshney would be no where near it haha

In my team that formation would be nowhere near it , honestly think if he goes with that team we will struggle

No prediction but most of the pressure is on the fun as they are regarded as favourites and go in with that pressure for once in a derby , they also have some continuity with the keeper, we have no strikers with Keatings and Nkoyi injured, so young Matty Smith to lead the line which will be interesting as he is a decent talent, no Flood yet, McDonald off bench at best, no Bell, Murdoch abd potentially Durnan

Do agree with Darren's team should Durnan make it, otherwise Scobbie until middle and Robson left

Lewis
    Toshney Durnan Edge Scobbie
    Briels Stanton
    King Fraser McMullan
    M.Smith

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)