+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The derby

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Djh , no sure where your confidence comes from , spoken to a couple o your mob in work , they no been impressed at all , while you will start favourites got a feeling there won't be much in it
    There confidence has to come from our bombscare defence which, bar Scobbie, is the same as last season and our front 6 being massively inexperienced. I think it's a game too far for the team that played Cowdenbeath, i honestly do.

According to what I have heard there is nothing for United to fear either and that is from your fellow fans , what I will say though is this is the first time I can remember a derby where it is a free hit for us , what pressure there is is all on Dundee lets see what happens , still think it's hard to call with being so early in the season

You may well be right Arab , your fears are the same as mine

Too early and for me they start as strong favourites. cant believe we have so many injuries already as would be more confident with keatings up front

Quote Originally Posted by djh1711 View Post
    I have been to all our games so far and saw you guys against Raith who should have put you guys away in the first half. Also the beath game which was overall very poor.
    Honestly I see nothing in that United team that Dundee should worry about, the only thing that will beat Dundee is Dundee themselves!
    Your goalkeeper is untested at this level and looks shaky.
    Defence looks a bombscare especially if toshney plays there.
    Midfield will depend who plays, flood and fraser play you will be over run.
    Upfront again you look weak, Keatings is a loss but I reckon McDonald is nailed on to score.
    Thats a scarily true assessment in my view - sure your no an arab?

The amount of injuries at this stage is a worry shedboy , leaves us with little choice this week , personally think looking at our starting 11 last week , it's a tall order , however , Dundee fans in work are no impressed either , end a boring nil nil 😅😅😅😅

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    The amount of injuries at this stage is a worry shedboy , leaves us with little choice this week , personally think looking at our starting 11 last week , it's a tall order , however , Dundee fans in work are no impressed either , end a boring nil nil ��������
    i'd take that with no more injuries and mcdonald getting a run out.

My main concern is our defence,i dont think Durnan or Wullie are Premeirship defender's and we are playing a team from that league.I cannie really understand why we gave Wullie a 2 year deal,hopefully that partnership can get us up but neither should play in a higher division.The one crumb of comfort is the Dees alway's lose to lower league team's in the League Cup,their recent history is littered with failure in this tournament so all the pressure is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My main concern is our defence,i dont think Durnan or Wullie are Premeirship defender's and we are playing a team from that league.I cannie really understand why we gave Wullie a 2 year deal,hopefully that partnership can get us up but neither should play in a higher division.The one crumb of comfort is the Dees alway's lose to lower league team's in the League Cup,their recent history is littered with failure in this tournament so all the pressure is on them.
    Willie looked very poor in the Cowdenbeath game.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i can honestly say id be lucky to name more than 3 of their players
    I know toshney and sort of remember scobbie if im being honest.
    As for the game,who knows,been like pre-season up till now.I expect us to win tho at home to a team from a lower league.
    Last edited by eric_sinclair; 28-07-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)