+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross fitzsimmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Why? I'd put decent money on me having watched more of Haydn Hollis than Kevin Nolan has. Just because someone is the manager doesn't automatically make their opinion right imo. And before the "he gets to watch him in training every day" argument... Karl Hawley was apparently a world beater in training, how they perform on a saturday at 3pm holds a lot more weight in how good a player is to me.
    All I can say to that is to state that your view of Stanley Aborah was in the 'wasted genius' camp. Forgive me for having just a little bit more respect for Kevin Nolan's opinion.

Why? I'd put decent money on me having watched more of Haydn Hollis than Kevin Nolan has. Just because someone is the manager doesn't automatically make their opinion right imo. And before the "he gets to watch him in training every day" argument... Karl Hawley was apparently a world beater in training, how they perform on a saturday at 3pm holds a lot more weight in how good a player is to me.
    So, can you explain the performances of certain players under Sheridan and then Nolan?

So erm... When are we making the wow signings? Or spending the money we were supposedly willing to spend on Noble?
    Maybe there isn't anyone out there that we can convince to join us who we think is worth £100k? Maybe we used some of it on wages to convince Brisley to leave Carlisle? Maybe we used some as a sweetener to convince Forest to allow Grant back out on loan?

We're shaping up alright, no need to spend just because the money is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All I can say to that is to state that your view of Stanley Aborah was in the 'wasted genius' camp. Forgive me for having just a little bit more respect for Kevin Nolan's opinion.
    What? Even the fans that didn't like Aborah would agree that he had more talent than most other players his attitude was just sh*t. I don't remember many fans questioning his actual ability other than you...

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    So, can you explain the performances of certain players under Sheridan and then Nolan?
    Why do i need to? I didn't question his man management ability or the results he achieved.

Why do i need to? I didn't question his man management ability or the results he achieved.
    That's the point, KN must have faith in what he has in the squad to get the best out of them to do a job.

What? Even the fans that didn't like Aborah would agree that he had more talent than most other players his attitude was just sh*t. I don't remember many fans questioning his actual ability other than you...
    Bloody hell, I think I've written enough words on Mr Aborah on here for my thoughts to be clear by now. I've always said he has great technical ability and excellent close control, but that his contribution to the team overall was minimal. As a pre-match entertainment ball juggler he would be impressive, but put him on the pitch and he's a waste of a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago, it's all relative.

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,
    If last season has any bearing at all on this coming season it should be as an indicator that we need to strengthen. So far the signings have been 6/10 on the WOW scale but I am sure KN knows where he wants to go with the squad. Mentioning last seasons failure is defeatist and has no relevance on this season.

maybe the 100k was used to purchase Ilson.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    maybe the 100k was used to purchase Ilson.
    I think you are probably spot on.

This has been my concern when it all broke in the news that Mr Hardy was interested in Ilkeston Town, we know how things panned out when Ray Trew got involved with the Rugby Club and the Lady Pies, the investment involved with these was at the detriment of our football club and we don't want any new distractions which may dilute the investment and progression of Notts County IMO

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This, (with corrections).
    Yeah, that, but also, we still need a Liam Noble type of player. that's why we were trying to buy him.

I reckon £100k up front or maybe as the second offer would have been accepted, people don't like offers in dribs and drabs. It's like making a derisory offer for a house, you have to pitch at least somewhere near the asking price.

People might say he wasn't worth the money, but what's the cost of not having him?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast