+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for the new season ?

Are we ready for the new season ?

I think Davies, Wisdom and Huddlestone are good signings. Disappointed to see Hughes and Ince go. (lot of goals to replace) Impressed with the performance against Kaiserslautern but so flat after Northampton showing. All quiet over any more ins and outs. Don't think I've felt so unsure about the start of a season since 2013. Are we ready to hit the ground running and challenge for promotion. I really don't know what a realistic expectation is this season.

Welcome to the forum. Agree with you, no idea what to expect! Hopefully a couple of attacking options will set our minds at ease.

I think the only expectation can be that it is going to be a tough league/division with at least half the teams equally 'qualified' for promotion as us. Sure one or two will disappoint - hopefully not us - and there will be a couple of dark horses (Bristol City, Sheffield. Utd or Forest perhaps).
    A good start, a couple more signings and better luck with injuries and we'll be in with a shout. Maybe a little less in the way of expectation won't do us any harm either.

We soon find out on Saturday against TSG Hoffenheim if we are ready or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    We soon find out on Saturday against TSG Hoffenheim if we are ready or not.
    Friendlies especially the final one might not be the best gauge.
    The first home game normally gives a good inclination where things might go.

Didn't you lot go unbeaten and score ten or eleven goals in your first three home matches of last season...and finish 21st?

Seeing as we are sticking with the same style of play, the answer to "Are we ready for the new season" is.... God help us all it's going to be another one of those seasons again.

Not sure we can say what style of play we are going to adopt, no doubt Friday night will give us an inkling, but I'm not holding out much hope!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Didn't you lot go unbeaten and score ten or eleven goals in your first three home matches of last season...and finish 21st?

Indeed. August is not a good gauge

Hope we can sort out the few niggles at the back. I was excited about the Curtis Davies signing but IMO hasn't impressed me in any of his games yet, just hope that it's a blip and starts to put things right.

I think a fit Vydra could help things up front so lets hope Rowett gets everyone firing on all cylinders for the opening game on Friday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)