+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Office

At least we are getting our season ticket cards for the first game of the season now. (im nae as im offshore)

So they didn't make a total c@nt of it in the end

Hang on... let's wait and see how many people don't receive them in the mail by Saturday.

I don't care about how many season tickets are sold in Edinburgh. Aberdeen is much smaller and to get 11k is a good result in comparison to what they have sold I work and live in Leith been a Dandy all my life get to games when I can and not just for the big games for example how many was at the game when we got thrashed by Livingston where I walked up and PATG in the King St end like I did when I was a schoolboy and had the feelgood factor that my income helps the club I love

I understand why people are frustrated about the delay in tickets, but this appears to be a problem with the 3rd party printing tickets so we can’t hold the club 100% accountable. Regarding the season ticket sales, as per TartanIvor my brother and I are based in the central belt and don’t get up to every game – especially when the games get moved from 3PM on a Saturday. We still get our season tickets every year though and get up as much as we can. I agree we should be able to sell more than 11k, especially when you see European nights and Cup semi’s and final’s (yes we do seem to get to these again!)…

It has always puzzled me that when I am in the pub before a match and get talking to folk they are like “Moan the Dandies, hope we win today” and when you ask them if they are going they say no, or I might walk up later after a couple of pints… Bottom line is you can’t just walk up now or make a last minute decision like the old days. I am not saying this is the route of the issue, and clearly we need more season tickets sold, however; I reckon the fact you can’t just pay at the turnstile now takes anywhere (depending on the opposition) between 200 to 500 of the gate.

Another reason we have lower attendances than some is due to the fact most teams (outwith Celtic and the Rangers) don't bring fans 'away up to Pittodrie'... Motherwell \ Killie \ Hamilton etc etc can sometimes bring between 500 to 800 to Hibs and Hearts due to the location. I have actually counted under 50 fans in our away end many times. The lack of travelling support to Pittodrie has always cost us financially. It's actually easier for me to go to away games (and I used to go to almost every one!) but I don't any more as we are a cash cow for other teams due to our amazing away support. I do love the atmosphere but had to make a choice, do I keep going to away games or just buy a season ticket to help the team financially - I decided on the later. I am happy a large section do go away and roar the team on, I can't do both though so decided to help the club financially rather than line another clubs pockets.

Anyway, I think 11K would be a good effort and something to build on – COYR!!
    Last edited by misterdon; 01-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.

My season ticket arrived just now

Re PATG.

From what I can remember, they released stats a few years ago about the numbers who were using the PATG facility - it was very small and - they said - not financially viable. Cash is expensive for firms to process - handling, counting, security, banking.

The other factor is that now - with smartphones - everyone can buy a ticket in the pub before the match or as the go to the game. I dont know if you can gain access to the match by scanning the code direct from the phone but you would think it would be pretty easy.

Was in a bar recently (in Brisbane) where the card reader system wasn't working and customers were coming in were informed they would have to pay cash. Almost all turned and walked away to other bars. In London a few weeks ago - didnt have to use cash once. Contactless. To me this would appear to suggest that cash is no longer the main method used in even quite small financial transactions. Maybe the club could install a contactless entry system on one turnstile?

Have been to see AC Milan a few times over the past few years. With them I buy a card - similar to our season tickets (arrived today btw) - cost less than a tenner and whenever I want to attend a match I go online and activate the card. No cash. The card is valid for three years.

Ps - not really a new member - had problems with profile and password blah blah

How about instead of paying cash at the gate, you could get in by using a debit or credit card?

Slightly off topic from what is being discussed but think the ticket office have handled the waiting list situation for Thursday night pretty badly - given they have all our details would it have hurt to send an email to those on the list saying they weren't getting a ticket rather than having us sit about climbing the walls all day and checking the internet every 2 seconds..........

Well , got home last night and still no season ticket.

This could end up messy !!

Has anyone who E-Mailed Derek Matthews regarding the ticket fiasco for the game in Cyprus received a response? I E-Mailed him on Friday 28th July. I followed this up with another E-Mail on Tuesday 1st August as I hadn't heard anything. To date I have not even had an acknowledgement far less a reply. Extremely poor customer service in my opinion or do they just blank any queries you have???.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast