+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Office

Ticket Office

Finally bothered my arse to renew my ST today.

I phoned up at 9.35 and was greeted with a "lets hit the 11k mark" type spiel. Like a call to arms. This was followed by "the ticket line is closed and opening hours are Mon-Fri 9.30-17.00". So I tried again at 9.45 but no same again, then at 10.00 again still closed then again at 10.05

So took the modern approach and every time I clicked on my seat on the map it crashed, 6-7 times I had to start again. Then eventually it worked.

They are nae very good at this making it easy for the fans malarkey. Red TV, ticket office canna be assed opening on time, ticket website being sh@te

And the chairman advocates cheating

The chairman will continue to advocate cheating if folk keep renewing their season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    The chairman will continue to advocate cheating if folk keep renewing their season tickets.
    In fact he will advocate it more, because it would be fair to assume people are happy with the set up

Just to add. I got my conformation letter through saying they will post my Hamilton ticket along with the season ticket. They really are useless c@nts if they cant get the new cards sorted

As for the buying of the season ticket. I think Stewart Milne is a tube. I will get a banner voicing my opinion he is a tube but if I didn't buy a season ticket id have the hassle of buying single tickets for every game which is a pain in the hole. Granted I work offshore and don't go to every game but my good deed is giving my season ticket to folk for their enjoyment/disgust. (delete as applicable).

Fit is the actually story regarding the season tickets?

I take it by pacmans rant they won't be available for the Hamilton game,to be fair on the club I heard it's the company who supplies the cards that's fecked up rather than afcs fault.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Fit is the actually story regarding the season tickets?

I take it by pacmans rant they won't be available for the Hamilton game,to be fair on the club I heard it's the company who supplies the cards that's fecked up rather than afcs fault.
    I am sure my last e-mail said they would be available this week. Very very shambolic from our club who are doing well on the park, but the back office, whether ticketing, turnstiles, Red TV or something else is awful just now. The club should have done proper supplier due diligence on the new ticketing company, but it sounds like they have not.

Just received a "personal message from Derek McInnes" as others must have.

So Hearts and Hibs are better fans than us. Is that what you are getting at?

Thursday was ace was it. Well how about you target the people who turn up for big games only? Im sure its possible to find the folk who buy pigs, sevco, Maribor, Apollon tickets and nae Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone etc by looking at their buying history

Also he has reached out personally to me, someone who has already bought a season ticket to go and try and find someone else to buy one. What would be my reward for it. Is that surely not the marketing departments job

Expecting the break 11k season tickets is a huge ask the season after the pigs just pissed all over Scottish fitba and the chairman has alienated his fans

Cheers for the "personal message" though Derek min

Anyway heres the email.............

Season Tickets - You can make a real difference!

Dear ***e**,

On Thursday night I felt our club was at its best, with the players and 20,000 Dons fans as one trying to get the result. When you see an atmosphere like that you want it to be more like that all the time. The atmosphere lifted our players, it intimidated the opposition and, of course it also generated additional income for the Club to enable me to reinvest in the football operation.

Myself, the management team and the players are really excited about the new league campaign which promises to be highly competitive. For example, Hearts and Hibs fans have rallied to the cause with excellent season ticket sales, and in Hearts case their foundation donates significant additional investment. I completely understand everyone's circumstances are different, and some people cannot contribute as much as others, but I ask you to help me level the playing field by surpassing our best season ticket sales ever!

Levelling the playing field

And that’s why I am reaching out to you personally to urge you to invest in a season ticket if you have not done so already. For those of you who have already signed up, thank you! Please try and convince another family member or friend to buy a season ticket. If every season ticket holder got someone else to sign up, we'd have 20,000 at every game. That would be brilliant.

I want my time here to be remembered fondly as a successful period for the Club, the players and our supporters, and one where we are winning trophies. As we work towards that together, you can make a real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    What would be my reward for it.
    Discount on your next ST, depending how many people you refer for a ST this season.

£120-499 : Credit of 10% of sales value against next ST.
    £500+ : Credit of 10% of first £499 of sales value plus 20% on sales value >£500 against next ST.

Full details here:

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9815.php

I think the "personal message" would have sounded better if it just said "message". Some reasonable points made, but the best way to sell more seats would have been for our chairman to grow a set.

I also got the e mail from deek but having already paid for a season ticket I would rather know when my card is ready to be picked up? What is the latest on this? The hamilton game is next sunday are they going to issue paper tickets instead. What a mess. Really if AFC want to have an increased fan base the club need to get their house in order. Right now the Dod yule and Milne rant about supporters not turning up to matches seems rather churlish when you considers how the club is letting down its current supporters right now in terms of ticketing problems, closed turnstiles, standing by the rangers poor handling of the new stadium and training facilities.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast