+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Your GP doesn't want you to know this..

O/T Your GP doesn't want you to know this..

GPs are manufacturing a crisis and crowing about hard work but the truth is about to be exposed.

Check your GP's earnings...over 100K many well over.

Check his working week...minimum of half day off,most have one day off in a 5 day working week.

No out of hours ie finish at 630

No Saturdays or Sundays..What happened to 7 day health service?

The way they are paid related to list size they actually choose their high pay themselves by not regulating their list size downwards and more manageable.

Of course they are busy..Try putting your full week's work into a 4 day week and you will be busy.

They are now part of these CCGs awash with conflicts of interests and they are secretly paying themselves by organising incentive payments for restricting services.

Now we have cataract surgery restrictions..Joint surgery..Referral targets ie downwards..same with prescribing targets..

Ask your GP about his incentive payments for restricting these services!....No shouting about that..all very hush hush.

Don't be shy..challenge your GP about this and pop the response on here.

4 Day week.. 6 weeks holiday or more per year ( GPs can choose as many as they like!) £100 K plus ..No weekends..No antisocial hours.....Nice work if you can get it!

Keep it quiet though!

Forgot the big pension

Take mine as an example...Retired 57 189K tax free lump sum and 44K per year and most of my years worked on relatively low pay before the new contract which will dramatically boost pensions.
    Last edited by kempo; 28-07-2017 at 10:13 AM.

What's the youngest age you could possibly be to qualify as a doctor?

Reason I ask is my doctor looks like she's 13!

I must be getting old cos teachers, doctors and policemen are all looking younger.

Rarely go to doctors but when I do it's like im asking to see Queen

Doctor's have studied for years to become a GP , their diagnosis on your health carries a huge responsibility to get it right one hundred percent on every patient they see .

Compare the salary to a hedge fund manager and tell me if they aren't worth the money .

My local doctors closes completely for one day per month for "training"

Not just the odd doctor or so, everything shuts.

The other thing that amazes me is their bitching about folks not turning up for appointments, fair enough you may say but what would it be like if everybody did turn up? It's chaos now with appointments being at least 20 mins behind schedule, surely the missed appointments make it less manic?

I could render half of them redundant in an instant. Just put a £10 charge on every GP appointment. The people in genuine need will be more than happy to pay it, and all the rest will stop at home and watch Jeremy Kyle. It will be like the Marie Celeste in most surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

The other thing that amazes me is their bitching about folks not turning up for appointments, fair enough you may say but what would it be like if everybody did turn up? It's chaos now with appointments being at least 20 mins behind schedule, surely the missed appointments make it less manic?
    Would you prefer to see untrained staff Grist ?

To cancel an appointment takes 30 seconds max and opens up that appointment for someone who may badly need it .

It's not much to ask , everyone has a phone these days .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Doctor's have studied for years to become a GP , their diagnosis on your health carries a huge responsibility to get it right one hundred percent on every patient they see .

Compare the salary to a hedge fund manager and tell me if they aren't worth the money .
    Indeed they have but why are so many getting away with a 4 day week?

If they worked a full week and did a bit of out of hours I would agree that they are worth 120K but 4 days per week?

Compare with a Hedge fund manager then GPs should be on 500 K

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

All GPs love missed appointments...trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I could render half of them redundant in an instant. Just put a £10 charge on every GP appointment. The people in genuine need will be more than happy to pay it, and all the rest will stop at home and watch Jeremy Kyle. It will be like the Marie Celeste in most surgeries.
    Indeed it would.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast