+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OT - How "Rotherham" are you?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    "but to me it's a dung heap" is that negative enough for you?

Thanks for picking up on my spelling, i'm normally quite decent, but, heyho, if that's your best shot then it's a bit pathetic isn't it, grow up fella.

Finally, your accusation against me is applied to the whole of the UK?, firstly, stating that on a thread with the title 'How Rotherham are you?' is a bit daft don't you think?
    Give it to him both barrels Magic..

He is a right d..ickhead and should be banned again.

I can challenge CT's claim to being the least Rotherham person here...I was born in Watford and nearest place I've lived to Rotherham is when studied in York for 3 years. So got a mostly neutral home counties accent, but my mates say I have a bit of northern lilt now and again that comes from my parents.

Do pretty well on the family scale though - I'm a first generation non-Yorkshire (everyone as far as the family tree goes back is from Yorkshire, stretching Halifax to Scarborough by mostly South Yorks). Dad's from Maltby and his Dad (who I never met) was a coal merchant.
    Mum was born in 1956 in a fish & chip shop her parents ran for a while over the road from Millmoor - maybe some of you here will remember it, I think it was where that Chinese is now.
    Gran lived mostly in Maltby but died last year, just an Aunt now in South Anston from close family.

Dad wasn't hugely into football when I was growing up, I preferred Manchester United because I liked many of their players in the 90s when I was a kid. Then honestly got bored of them winning all the time and also got more interested in family background, and asked to have a tour round Rotherham from me Mum and to go to a Millers game with me Dad when I was about 12. I live in London now so most games I go to are down here with the odd home one thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    I can challenge CT's claim to being the least Rotherham person here...I was born in Watford and nearest place I've lived to Rotherham is when studied in York for 3 years. So got a mostly neutral home counties accent, but my mates say I have a bit of northern lilt now and again that comes from my parents.

Do pretty well on the family scale though - I'm a first generation non-Yorkshire (everyone as far as the family tree goes back is from Yorkshire, stretching Halifax to Scarborough by mostly South Yorks). Dad's from Maltby and his Dad (who I never met) was a coal merchant.
    Mum was born in 1956 in a fish & chip shop her parents ran for a while over the road from Millmoor - maybe some of you here will remember it, I think it was where that Chinese is now.
    Gran lived mostly in Maltby but died last year, just an Aunt now in South Anston from close family.

Dad wasn't hugely into football when I was growing up, I preferred Manchester United because I liked many of their players in the 90s when I was a kid. Then honestly got bored of them winning all the time and also got more interested in family background, and asked to have a tour round Rotherham from me Mum and to go to a Millers game with me Dad when I was about 12. I live in London now so most games I go to are down here with the odd home one thrown in.
    Well if you got fed up of winning you definitely came to the right place!

I love the fact that you did the opposite of what a lot of people do - glory seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post

Thanks for that, Harpo88! Youre right; I might just be a tad more Rotherham than you!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678