+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Cup Qualification permutations for Queens today

That brings me onto the manager. How he can continue to select dykes and mercer god only knows. Mercer's performance yesterday was poor and his former has been poor since the st mirren game last season but I can see him trying and making some effort, however dykes is not showing effort and offers nothing. This is frustrating because imo the lad does have a bit of ability but that's nothing if your not willing to work and he's not been willing to do that since Xmas if not before. The thing that annoys me is that he appears through his body language and attitude to genuinely not care what happens and yet he is selected week in week out.
    We have let far more talented players go during the summer than some that we have kept with hilson and dykes being a prime example. Yet dykes continues to go about his business in the same manner when he should be working his ass off for the man who decided to show faith in him. Rant over

Lyle had a decent header that could well have found the net, if not for a good save from the Albion keeper and he was working well enough throughout. I would rather have kept Hilson than Dykes. I would start Rooney ahead of Mercer and I can see Rankin not starting again next weekend and I would have Murray starting.

If the club are not going to back the manager and give him the funds for players then they need to get rid of him not this messing about hanging managers out to dry! Act NOW if you want any fans !!!!

Well if Queens had won Group G they would be at home to Aberdeen.

It's early days yet those doing well have got plenty of time to be useless.
    Remember last season

Disappointing as it was not to qualify, it wouldn't have made any difference what so ever if we'd won by a barrowload last week (and as poor Peterhead will testify to, even 9 points didn't guarantee qualification) . Much as I think its good to get a good cup run in any competition, and it would have been good to be in the last 16, it's not the be all and end all. I can't say too much as due to holiday etc only seen the Albion Rovers game, but heard we weren't too good in any of the games! Not at all impressive last week, and agree possibly a long season ahead! That having been said, The League Cup group format is a whole lot more exciting than the usual meaningless friendlies we usually had at the very same time before last year. In fact I seem to remember us beating a strong Motherwell side 4-0 in a very convincing win pre-season before the last time we ended up being relegated, so at this point in time a bit early to read to much into anything. Poorly attended as the league cup section games generally are they are far far better than any friendly at any time. Real season starts tomorrow though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)