shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Please go...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    sorry qos02 but you say liverpool were having him down there taking a look at him ,now why aint he still down there ,liverpool must of seen something thay didnt like or he would be still there ,i know loads of lads from around here that had trials with liverpool ,man u ,spurs ,manc and chealsea ,and some dont even play atol now and others went on to struggle away at sunday league level ,getting scouted and trialed by big teams doesnt make you a player ,iv not seen the lad so i cant comment but iv heard ok things ,but also heard he wont be good enough at championship level atm ,needs to be loaned out at a decent level to gauge him .
    He would only have been about 15 at the time and I'm pretty sure there are rules in place regarding the distance between club and player at that age. Rest assured Ross wouldn't struggle at Sunday league level, lol. Unless he gets game time somewhere, be that at Queens or on loan [but as you say it would have to be at a decent level] we will never know if he'll be good enough, one things for sure we won't find out through playing him for the 20's.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by QoS02 View Post
    He would only have been about 15 at the time and I'm pretty sure there are rules in place regarding the distance between club and player at that age. Rest assured Ross wouldn't struggle at Sunday league level, lol. Unless he gets game time somewhere, be that at Queens or on loan [but as you say it would have to be at a decent level] we will never know if he'll be good enough, one things for sure we won't find out through playing him for the 20's.
    Only seen Ross in a brief sub appearance for the first team so not got an opinion of him however Jardi a couple of years ago also tried hard to convince the Queens management to give Pat Slattery a chance - he eventually got 3 starts but since then has made over 80 appearances for East Fife and has a Division 2 championship medal in his pocket. Perhaps
    Naysmith should have brought him back from Methil instead of Mercer.

  3. #23
    Got to say i spoke to dougie the assistant for over 2 hours at the end of last season and he didnt go into details but told me a couple of things

    A lot has been made of the budget and i gave to say last season we were the 6th biggest budget and the target was the playoff now that ayr have been replaced with livingston and raith have been replaced by brechin u can assume we will be in a similar position this season which shows the non backing from the board

    Also there are players from last season that the management team did not want but they had to be given a new contract due to stipulations in there contracts not only this certain players wages have been automatically increased due to the amount of games played last year which reduces the budget available to the management team even though they did not want the players there this term

    On the subject of dobbie i know we are over realient on him however surely thats y he is on treble the wages of other players in the squad would queens be better with with 3 players of decent quality or 1 player of dobbies quality that is a question for another ocasion

    What also doesnt help is when u have players who have been told they r not required and wont play again but refuse to look for a new club or even turn up to watch the games players attitude is an issue these days id certainly rather be playing week on week out rather than sitting on my couch every week

    We do need some quality players to come in be it on loan or signed but the board needs to step up and play there part

    Mr naismith has came in and done wat needed to be done as the squad over the last few years had became to relaxed and complacent and the majority of them had to go however as i just said now is the time for the board to step up and back the gaffer to bring in his players that he wants

  4. #24
    well said donny ,you would think now with hibs hearts rangers all moved up ,the championship is as week as its been for years ,why o why cant our board see that and see its now the time to go for it hit them cold ,but no we also take a backward step like most the other teams ,doesnt make any sense to me ,strike while the irons hot ,go all out in this week as hell championship and take it by scruf of neck and get to the spl while all the rest arnt signing the players ,prob never have a better chance than now likes .and hay dont wanna hear the we have no money bit as queens have made substantial profits over the last 5 or 6 seasons ,bound to be sitting with a pretty penny in the bank atm .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 03-08-2017 at 01:50 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Got to say i spoke to dougie the assistant for over 2 hours at the end of last season and he didnt go into details but told me a couple of things

    A lot has been made of the budget and i gave to say last season we were the 6th biggest budget and the target was the playoff now that ayr have been replaced with livingston and raith have been replaced by brechin u can assume we will be in a similar position this season which shows the non backing from the board

    Also there are players from last season that the management team did not want but they had to be given a new contract due to stipulations in there contracts not only this certain players wages have been automatically increased due to the amount of games played last year which reduces the budget available to the management team even though they did not want the players there this term

    On the subject of dobbie i know we are over realient on him however surely thats y he is on treble the wages of other players in the squad would queens be better with with 3 players of decent quality or 1 player of dobbies quality that is a question for another ocasion

    What also doesnt help is when u have players who have been told they r not required and wont play again but refuse to look for a new club or even turn up to watch the games players attitude is an issue these days id certainly rather be playing week on week out rather than sitting on my couch every week

    We do need some quality players to come in be it on loan or signed but the board needs to step up and play there part

    Mr naismith has came in and done wat needed to be done as the squad over the last few years had became to relaxed and complacent and the majority of them had to go however as i just said now is the time for the board to step up and back the gaffer to bring in his players that he wants
    Aye okay Gary.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    5,995
    I'd hate to see Queens back down to League One level and spend time there for a considerable amount of time, as in the old Second Division days (1989-90 to 2001-02) and going part time, especially when the club's Centenary is just around the corner.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    well said donny ,you would think now with hibs hearts rangers all moved up ,the championship is as week as its been for years ,why o why cant our board see that and see its now the time to go for it hit them cold ,but no we also take a backward step like most the other teams ,doesnt make any sense to me ,strike while the irons hot ,go all out in this week as hell championship and take it by scruf of neck and get to the spl while all the rest arnt signing the players ,prob never have a better chance than now likes .and hay dont wanna hear the we have no money bit as queens have made substantial profits over the last 5 or 6 seasons ,bound to be sitting with a pretty penny in the bank atm .
    Be very careful what you ask for Francis as the spending option was taken following the Scottish cup run when Queens had banked over 1 million quid. Wee Davy's excessive throwing around of the dough on players and more importantly their wages brought the club to brink and needed the supporters amongst others to bail it out. I for one do not wish to go down this road again and prudency is what is required as well as a recognition that we do have limited resources some of which is apparently being used to pay for players the manager does not want. There in lies the problem of tying up players on too long a contract.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    well said donny ,you would think now with hibs hearts rangers all moved up ,the championship is as week as its been for years ,why o why cant our board see that and see its now the time to go for it hit them cold ,but no we also take a backward step like most the other teams ,doesnt make any sense to me ,strike while the irons hot ,go all out in this week as hell championship and take it by scruf of neck and get to the spl while all the rest arnt signing the players ,prob never have a better chance than now likes .and hay dont wanna hear the we have no money bit as queens have made substantial profits over the last 5 or 6 seasons ,bound to be sitting with a pretty penny in the bank atm .
    2016 accounts showed the bulk of our cash balances completely wiped out, we made a big overall trading loss. There is no money.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy9 View Post
    2016 accounts showed the bulk of our cash balances completely wiped out, we made a big overall trading loss. There is no money.
    Correct . Hewitson is a businessman who hates losing money . He's cut the budget for a reason . The Dumfries public aren't backing the club in bigger numbers despite us being the cheapest to watch in the league . This town is fully of glory hunters travelling to Ibrox or Parkhead every second week rather than support their hame team

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    5,995
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Correct . Hewitson is a businessman who hates losing money . He's cut the budget for a reason . The Dumfries public aren't backing the club in bigger numbers despite us being the cheapest to watch in the league . This town is fully of glory hunters travelling to Ibrox or Parkhead every second week rather than support their hame team
    Is this not the scenario all over Scotland with local clubs losing support to the old firm.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockliffe,Dumfries and Galloway.
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy9 View Post
    2016 accounts showed the bulk of our cash balances completely wiped out, we made a big overall trading loss. There is no money.
    I presume you can understand balance sheets as you handle finance for a living unlike the so called experts on here who think that money grows on trees. I agree with you there is very little cash in the bank and the Queens Arena is keeping the club afloat at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •