+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go...

Please go...

Gary.....Your football style just isn't Queen of the South!Do us a favour mate go to Spartans or Lothian thistle.etc...there,you may be liked and accepted!

It's no better this half....WTF

Sometimes in life you've got to admit your mistakes and the QUEENS BOD's need to come out and admit the appointment of Naysmith hasn't worked . He certainly talks a good game but his style of football is sh!t .
    They've a hard decision to make NOW before crowds dip any further

It's Dobbie I feel for , no way he would of signed if he wasn't promised more quality players coming in

Sorry but it's bye bye Gary

Better managers have been sacked.
    Can you imagine if Dobbie wasn't here,he's keeping naysmith in a job at the moment

The reality is simply this: Would it make any real difference in the manager-merry-go-round if Naysmith was sacked?

Probably not, - and what is the point in sacrificing good money on paying off Naysmith to bring in someone else (who might be even worse), - when the pitch is screaming for players?

We need a striker up front to take the pressure off Dobbie. I keep asking what is wrong with playing Ross Fergusson? If the manager is having a strop over not playing him, - then the BOD needs to suggest that the lad be given a chance and let the supporters decide if he's good enough. At the end of the day, - the paying punter pays the wages of the manager, - and the club needs to accept that. If the manager doesn't like that idea, then perhaps he could resign?

If we remove the utter nonsense surrounding Fergusson; - if the lad is not good enough, - then we need to bring someone else in because Derek Lyle should not be abused by forcing him to play most of a match. Lyle should be on the subs bench - end of.

In midfield we need to bring in a strong player who can distribute the ball well; - Tapping and the rest seem to run around looking busy but doing nothing with the ball except play pretty cross-field passes or send it back to the defence or the keeper, - which is as about exciting to watch as paint drying. In fact after watching East Kilbride and Albion Rovers, - I honestly would have preferred to have been painting my house!

Also in midfield, Andy Stirling has been a woeful addition - who simply will not do at Championship level.

In defence, we definitely require a decent right back, Mercer is good enough for East Fife but not Queen of the South, and Rooney is arguably even worse.

The rest are passable with care, - so I'd like to see 3 or 4 decent signings or loan players brought in to bolster the squad and rekindle a bit of confidence in the team.

The last thing we need is Dobbie to stop trying (which he did once or twice last season) as a result of having no player backing - because if that happens, - Queens will be in dire difficulty.

We've been knocked out of one competition already, - and Airdrie await us in two weeks time in the Irn Bru Cup, - so we need to be ready for them. More ominously, Dundee Utd will score goals for fun against us on the Glorious 12th if we don't get ourselves up to Championship standard, - and at the moment, - from what I've seen, we're barely ready for the Lowland League!

Think you've listed some valid reasons why getting rid of the manager would indeed be a good thing!!

There has to be a young manager out there who believes that attacking football is what is needed or is it the Scottish coaching courses that keep sending out managers who think that the first thing to do is not get beaten. Notice I say young manager because I believe all the older guys all believe in negative football.
    The BOD should write it in there contract that if they don't play attacking football they get sacked with no pay out LOL.

Just want to say something about Mercer. He's had a shocker of a start and is being laid into badly but last season he was a great addition to the squad till the game where he got skinned by the fastest winger in the division thanks to receiving no cover what so ever by his winger. He subsequently got dropped and never featured again! No wonder the lads confidence is shot to pieces!

Don't think you quite understand the basic economic rationale behind sacking a manager on a whim; - you need to firstly compensate that manager, - then go through hoops to bring in someone else, - (who might not be any better) and pay them the same salary.

Better by far, - to spend a fraction of that enormous outlay on bringing in 3 or 4 players and at least seeing if that makes a difference. Alternatively you pay off Naysmith, invest in a new manager and you still have to bring in 3 or 4 new players.

Logic tells me that we stick with the present manager, get the players that a blind man can see we need and then re-assess the situation.

If at that point, there is no betterment, - say Queens are adrift at the bottom of the league by the beginning of November, - then urgent action such as replacing the manager would be an obvious option.

I cannot see why Lyle is being seen as not up to scratch. He is by far the best partner for Dobbie and is no doubt fitter than most of the squad. He was unlucky not to score with a header in the first half on Saturday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)