+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please go...

Albertz, - the problem is Lyle is by far the best partner for Dobbie, - but that should not be the case at his age.

We need a strong, young, tall, fast striker who can work a defence till they are knackered and then bring Lyle on, - that's how best to play the tan man, - not expect him to wear defences down. In my humble opinion, Ross Fergusson should be given the opportunity to do exactly what I've suggested.

Appears like Fergusson should be given a chance then. He seemed fairly decent on what I seen of him last season.

Re Fergusson, is he now a striker? Pretty sure in most if not all of his youth football he was a centre mid, and a very good one at that, he was strong, fast, had good vision for a pass and had a bit of dig as well. Think Liverpool had him down for training and bounce games after the NI Milk cup. Now the worry for me is if Liverpool saw something in the lad then, why at 20 [before the fall out] was he only on the bench at Queens, do we have a problem turning promising youth players into first team players?

With the above in mind, Jardi points out that we require a decent right back, are we saying that none of the right backs that have came through the youth system over the last 5-6 years haven't been on a par with Mercer or Rooney or is it easier to get rid of the youngsters once they're too old for the 20's? Perhaps there's something to be looked at there.

Would like to add that if Fergusson was to be given the chance he would have to be given a run of say 10 games as with time he would only improve, nobody should be judged on a handful of games unless they're obviously dross.

As for Nayidea it's only a matter of time before enough is enough, whoever was responsible for appointing him should have nothing to do with finding the next manager.

sorry qos02 but you say liverpool were having him down there taking a look at him ,now why aint he still down there ,liverpool must of seen something thay didnt like or he would be still there ,i know loads of lads from around here that had trials with liverpool ,man u ,spurs ,manc and chealsea ,and some dont even play atol now and others went on to struggle away at sunday league level ,getting scouted and trialed by big teams doesnt make you a player ,iv not seen the lad so i cant comment but iv heard ok things ,but also heard he wont be good enough at championship level atm ,needs to be loaned out at a decent level to gauge him .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    sorry qos02 but you say liverpool were having him down there taking a look at him ,now why aint he still down there ,liverpool must of seen something thay didnt like or he would be still there ,i know loads of lads from around here that had trials with liverpool ,man u ,spurs ,manc and chealsea ,and some dont even play atol now and others went on to struggle away at sunday league level ,getting scouted and trialed by big teams doesnt make you a player ,iv not seen the lad so i cant comment but iv heard ok things ,but also heard he wont be good enough at championship level atm ,needs to be loaned out at a decent level to gauge him .
    I have seen this lad play at least half a dozen times now and the lad can play. He's big powerful aggressive and works. Now compare him to dykes and there is no comparison. Yet our manager seems to want dykes on the pitch every game from start to finish. Give the lad a run of games to get used to the pace of the league and he will be a top player for us I'm sure but the chances of this happening are slim

This is where the BOD needs to step in and request that the lad in question at least be given an opportunity.

Now there will be a clamour to say that the BOD cannot interfere, - well wait a minute guys, - if the BOD can make a decision on whether the manager actually stays or not, - then surely they can have a quiet word to say: "come on at least lets try this option."

If a manager cannot gracefully let by-gones be by-gones with a potentially very good 20 year old lad, - then surely he is, - (as many suggest on this board) in the wrong job.

I have no wish to see the man removed from his post, what I would like to see is Naysmith playing his best players, and bringing in 3 or 4 new faces to bolster the troops. Even the best manager in the Championship couldn't fight a campaign with the number of players at his disposal.

So Mr. Naysmith, - if you are reading these posts; - could you please give the lad a chance? Try him at centre forward to see what he can do, - or perhaps even in midfield? Then of course there's that right back position, - that's three options for Ross Fergusson, - who at 6 foot 2 inches tall, - with speed and agility and costing the club only his wage must be tried in the Championship sooner rather than later.

Please can you just give the lad a chance?

If he's not good enough for the Championship, - the paying fans will soon let him and you know.

With Cathro having been sacked by Hearts this morning I noticed that Naysmith has been named as third favourite on some sites to succeed him. This could be the ideal situation where Queens would be due compensation if the move occurred pleasing many of those on this particular thread at the same time. Strange that others seem to have a higher opinion of our manager than many of our own fans but what do we know?

I'd be shocked if Naysmith goes to Tynecastle.

guys whether the manager goes or not ,it doesnt address the prob ,its the board that isnt giving him the funds to build the squad he wants ,iv listened to all his interviews and one things became clear nearly all his targets have opted for other clubs ,now what does that tell you ,what it tells me is queens are in far too low of budget to be competing in the championship ,either the board have to address this and show ambition or say hold on here we cant take queens any further so lets move over and look for someone who can take us further ,i defo dont want to sit here years from now seeing queens scraping around the mid to bottom of the championship stagnating with lack of ambition ,and yep the usual posters will jump in here and say theres no funds ,we have made quite substantial annual profits over the last 6 seasons ,that must be sitting in the bank ,if not and thay cant give the funds to take queens to the next level then put our club up for sale to someone who can take us there .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    This is where the BOD needs to step in and request that the lad in question at least be given an opportunity.

Now there will be a clamour to say that the BOD cannot interfere, - well wait a minute guys, - if the BOD can make a decision on whether the manager actually stays or not, - then surely they can have a quiet word to say: "come on at least lets try this option."

If a manager cannot gracefully let by-gones be by-gones with a potentially very good 20 year old lad, - then surely he is, - (as many suggest on this board) in the wrong job.

I have no wish to see the man removed from his post, what I would like to see is Naysmith playing his best players, and bringing in 3 or 4 new faces to bolster the troops. Even the best manager in the Championship couldn't fight a campaign with the number of players at his disposal.

So Mr. Naysmith, - if you are reading these posts; - could you please give the lad a chance? Try him at centre forward to see what he can do, - or perhaps even in midfield? Then of course there's that right back position, - that's three options for Ross Fergusson, - who at 6 foot 2 inches tall, - with speed and agility and costing the club only his wage must be tried in the Championship sooner rather than later.

Please can you just give the lad a chance?

If he's not good enough for the Championship, - the paying fans will soon let him and you know.
    Queens have done a sponsorship deal with Tinder.

Ross Fergusson probably still won't get a match.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)