Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
sorry qos02 but you say liverpool were having him down there taking a look at him ,now why aint he still down there ,liverpool must of seen something thay didnt like or he would be still there ,i know loads of lads from around here that had trials with liverpool ,man u ,spurs ,manc and chealsea ,and some dont even play atol now and others went on to struggle away at sunday league level ,getting scouted and trialed by big teams doesnt make you a player ,iv not seen the lad so i cant comment but iv heard ok things ,but also heard he wont be good enough at championship level atm ,needs to be loaned out at a decent level to gauge him .
He would only have been about 15 at the time and I'm pretty sure there are rules in place regarding the distance between club and player at that age. Rest assured Ross wouldn't struggle at Sunday league level, lol. Unless he gets game time somewhere, be that at Queens or on loan [but as you say it would have to be at a decent level] we will never know if he'll be good enough, one things for sure we won't find out through playing him for the 20's.