+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megson

Megson

Megson in pullis out

Megson's time as a number one has passed. Surprised he got the job as TP's number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Megson in pullis out
    In out in out and shake it all about!!!

For me, it's a sad day.

They talk about dream teams well, for me, this is going to be a nightmare team. Megson's Albion were tedious to watch, but people put up with it as what had gone before was so fresh in people's memories. I applaud him for what he achieved at that time, but not the way he did it.

However, time has moved on and we ought to be a properly established Premier League club by now. We ought to be moving away from dinosaur football to something more enjoyable and inspiring, but we aren't, are we. Megson didn't light up the Premier League when he was involved, both at Albion and Bolton. In fact his win% stands at just over 23%, 0.5% better than Irvine.
    Megson's quote on the official site sums it up: "We have similar views on how football should be played and how footballers should behave".

More significantly, I can't see the players enjoying this pairing, which may well impact on both performances and our ability to bring players in.

I am surprised that no-one else has mentioned the fact that in 2007 (June) he was appointed Head Coach at Stoke under Pulis during Pulis' second time there; it lasted 3/4 months before Megson departed to manage Leicester.

So, as there was a link between the two at Stoke, Pulis is Welsh and the fans sing a Tom Jones song (Delilah) I've run up a little ditty for us all to sing at the Bournemouth game when the new season kicks off - sung to the tune of "Green, green grass of home."

All together now;

The old ground looks the same, as I step down from the train
    And there to greet me are my old true fans.
    Down the lane (Halfords) runs Tony, hair most gone and voice of thunder;
    Yes, it's good to touch the green, green grass of home.
    Yes, the fans will come to greet me, arms waving, boinging loudly
    It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

The old Stadium is still standing, though the paint is cracked and dry
    And there's that old dug-out that I used to stand in.
    Down the lane I walk with my sweet Tony, hair most gone and voice of thunder

I'd have preferred *** Bomb

No. That's for Tony to sing to Gary!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    For me, it's a sad day.

They talk about dream teams well, for me, this is going to be a nightmare team. Megson's Albion were tedious to watch, but people put up with it as what had gone before was so fresh in people's memories. I applaud him for what he achieved at that time, but not the way he did it.

However, time has moved on and we ought to be a properly established Premier League club by now. We ought to be moving away from dinosaur football to something more enjoyable and inspiring, but we aren't, are we. Megson didn't light up the Premier League when he was involved, both at Albion and Bolton. In fact his win% stands at just over 23%, 0.5% better than Irvine.
    Megson's quote on the official site sums it up: "We have similar views on how football should be played and how footballers should behave".

More significantly, I can't see the players enjoying this pairing, which may well impact on both performances and our ability to bring players in.

I am surprised that no-one else has mentioned the fact that in 2007 (June) he was appointed Head Coach at Stoke under Pulis during Pulis' second time there; it lasted 3/4 months before Megson departed to manage Leicester.

So, as there was a link between the two at Stoke, Pulis is Welsh and the fans sing a Tom Jones song (Delilah) I've run up a little ditty for us all to sing at the Bournemouth game when the new season kicks off - sung to the tune of "Green, green grass of home."

All together now;

"It's a sad day" Well you are entitled to your opinion now here's mine. You are a pathetic excuse for a person and never have a decent word to say about West Brom. Your stats are as dodgy as Philip Green and you make more fuss over Sjoke than West Brom.
    Negative knobs like you are the reason why there is so much negativity at the club before a ball is even kicked. For me and my family and the majority of West Brom supporters Megson is a king and like Pulis, he was given very little as investment and did an amazing job in the circumstances. Will he do well this time - he can't do any worse than Irvine, that's for sure!

Next you will be slating other legends like big Dave and Cunningham!

So in summary - get to spec savers you negative little excuse for a person. You make me vomit!

Welcome Megson - your name will be song from the roof tops. Those who actually go to matches and who went when you did a bloody great job - will all look forward to seeing you back and give you the CHANCE you deserve.

What a tool you are Sweeper and with respect - feck off to Sjoke!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    "It's a sad day" Well you are entitled to your opinion now here's mine. You are a pathetic excuse for a person and never have a decent word to say about West Brom. Your stats are as dodgy as Philip Green and you make more fuss over Sjoke than West Brom.
    Negative knobs like you are the reason why there is so much negativity at the club before a ball is even kicked. For me and my family and the majority of West Brom supporters Megson is a king and like Pulis, he was given very little as investment and did an amazing job in the circumstances. Will he do well this time - he can't do any worse than Irvine, that's for sure!

Next you will be slating other legends like big Dave and Cunningham!

So in summary - get to spec savers you negative little excuse for a person. You make me vomit!

Welcome Megson - your name will be song from the roof tops. Those who actually go to matches and who went when you did a bloody great job - will all look forward to seeing you back and give you the CHANCE you deserve.

What a tool you are Sweeper and with respect - feck off to Sjoke!

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    For me, it's a sad day.

All together now;

. Did you really witness what megson achieved with what we had. I really don't think you did. The golden titties down the road love them or hate them ,now they have something to moan about.what was it 11 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    In out in out and shake it all about!!!
    Similar to a **** movie Dubs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)