+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke

Stoke

Anyone going?

Unfortunately cannot get there

Good run-out against what was a development team. George put on a show for PL outfit. (Shame he went missing against Macc!). However, he scored one spot goal and provided the assist for the other two. Dave won't be pleased about the goal conceded as the Alex had adopted a walking pace and gave the ball away cheaply. Still, only a friendly- we get to see the real thing next Saturday. That sees the return of Steve Evans- so don't expect a footballing spectacular. Expect sly trips, niggles, lots of protesting to the referee and, of course, the customary 'injury' half way through each half so they can have a rest/bit of touchline coaching.

I hate predictive text - for ' spot' read spectacular.

What was the crowd today . I went past and Stoke had a good following and the main stand looked reasonably full

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    What was the crowd today . I went past and Stoke had a good following and the main stand looked reasonably full

2,528 (555) according to the OS

Good football day for me yesterday. Crewe having a better performance against a Stoke side. Germany women getting kncked out by Denmark, and England women beating France. Oh yes, a nice little treble.

Admitted it was a development squad for Stoke, but according to the official site report it sounded like a vastly improved performance.

Wonder if three at the back and two wingbacks is going to be our serup for Saturday. Sounded like it was our best tactical setup so far.