+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A house without plans

I'd like to give Hecky, and these lads 10 games before I say that we are stuffed. The lads we've signed haven't been forced on him... it's his job now to make them work. Have we suddenly signed 8 people who can't tackle....? I refuse to happy clap, but I also refuse to condemn our bluddy season before it's started

Hecky has staed that it was agreed that we needed to bring in 12 players. We brought in 1o players last summer.
    Kpekawa, Kayden Jackson, Elliot Lee, Shaun Tuton, Stephan Payne, Adam Jackson, Tom Bradshaw, George Moncur, Andy Yiadom, Mcdonald. How many have been a success, and will be with us this season? I think Yiadom has, but will not be with us. Mcdonald has, but the jury is still out on Adam Jackson, Bradshaw and Moncur.
    We signed Mowatt and Hedges in January, again the jury is out.
    So far this summer we have signed 7 players, and another 2 on loan. As of Saturday night, 3 were injured, Lindsey, Isgrove and McGheenan (who has yet to kick a ball).
    It is a big ask to bring in 12 players and expect them to gel and click straight away. As Animal has pointed out in a previous post, we don't have the time in the Championship for them to develop (like Roberts, Hourihane and others did in League One). Would we have been better bringing in 4 or 5 better quality players (with more experience) rather than aiming for quantity? It is a difficult one, Could we afford the fees and wages? The club is between a rock and a hard place given the amount of money being spent in the Championship, which makes the financial fair play a joke. I don't know what the answer is, but I know we need a lot of luck anf few or no injuries to survive in the Championship, as it is a thin line between success and failure. It would be great if one or two of the kids from the U23/U18 came through this season and were our saviours. We can but hope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12