+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will we stay up..?

I would love to know your reasoning behind that Alto. Last time I looked, Burnley Football Club are the envy of about 75 other Football League Clubs.

You really need to come and visit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would love to know your reasoning behind that Alto. Last time I looked, Burnley Football Club are the envy of about 75 other Football League Clubs.

You really need to come and visit?

You know my reasons BT as we have regurgitated all this before, but in short again here are some

(1)Directors loans with over the top interest's paid.

(1a) The con of selling Turf Moor, plus when it was initially hidden who actually bought it

(2) You say the recruitment team work hard and meet every hour ? I find that hard to believe, Keane was odds on to move well over 6 months ago, we all know transfers are not done merely in the window and that enquiries are done, some would use the excuse that we have the replacement in Tarky which is what I thought at the time so who is Tarkys understudy ? Don't tell me Anderson as that is grasping at straws, so still no replacement after so long knowing ? Its shoddy work at best.

(3) We hear it every year about getting players in early, same lapses with different excuses.

(4) Competing, we have been given money to compete, we did last years winnings mostly on Gawthorpe, Turf Moor lights, officers and meeting Premier League standards, the excuse this time is Transfers are over the top, yes they are, but we have to compete with a reasonable gamble, not a tight fisted hand.

(5) Dyche is not the bee's knees, but he's a godsend to BFC, I seriously thought he may be off in the close season, if Burnley go down again I doubt he'd remain with the restrictions he faces here.

Many more reasons as you know BT.

The bottom line is we are taking a chance at remaining in the PL with having money at our disposal, as I keep saying don't sell the ranch but at least show some intent.

Some on here appear happy regardless of poor performances and the occasional good one's just keeping our noses above water, Just for the status of being in the Premier League, we may be prospering in the training ground and youth team, and the Bank balance, but in the League we are stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    You know my reasons BT as we have regurgitated all this before, but in short again here are some

(1)Directors loans with over the top interest's paid.

(1a) The con of selling Turf Moor, plus when it was initially hidden who actually bought it

(2) You say the recruitment team work hard and meet every hour ? I find that hard to believe, Keane was odds on to move well over 6 months ago, we all know transfers are not done merely in the window and that enquiries are done, some would use the excuse that we have the replacement in Tarky which is what I thought at the time so who is Tarkys understudy ? Don't tell me Anderson as that is grasping at straws, so still no replacement after so long knowing ? Its shoddy work at best.

(3) We hear it every year about getting players in early, same lapses with different excuses.

(4) Competing, we have been given money to compete, we did last years winnings mostly on Gawthorpe, Turf Moor lights, officers and meeting Premier League standards, the excuse this time is Transfers are over the top, yes they are, but we have to compete with a reasonable gamble, not a tight fisted hand.

(5) Dyche is not the bee's knees, but he's a godsend to BFC, I seriously thought he may be off in the close season, if Burnley go down again I doubt he'd remain with the restrictions he faces here.

Many more reasons as you know BT.

The bottom line is we are taking a chance at remaining in the PL with having money at our disposal, as I keep saying don't sell the ranch but at least show some intent.

Some on here appear happy regardless of poor performances and the occasional good one's just keeping our noses above water, Just for the status of being in the Premier League, we may be prospering in the training ground and youth team, and the Bank balance, but in the League we are stagnant.
    Yes and Yes,...We are Stagnant !!...But Everyone is against a take over,..Garlick Told us so>>>"*******s I say"...
    We Need to Move On...!!

Stagnant?!

We've just had our best league finish in 40 odd years, how the hell is that stagnant?

Alto, I accept most of your points are fair and I'm as a big a critic of the board as most but, I honestly believe you're a bit premature, you just need a bit of patience. We spent close on £40m last season, this summer we've already brought 4 players in and spent close on £20m, and it's not August yet. I'm convinced Dyche gave Garlick a bit of advice last summer, back me or I'm off, and it worked, they have backed him, we've spent not far off £60 million in less than 12 months. And I don't think that's the end of it by any means, there's a lot more needs to be spent yet, and I think we'll spend it. I've moaned for years we should lay out a bit more, but I can't complain now, £60m in less than a year, I'm happy with that. If we haven't invested another £10/£20m by the end of August I'll be moaning with you again, but I seriously think we will.

Will we survive?

I reckon,

If we start with our current squad then it will be mighty close.

If we sell Gray then we will be gone. Who could we replace him with?

If Gray stays and we get a good centre half then we will survive easily. Maybe 14th.

If we also get a top notch right winger then we will become a force. Maybe even top half.

The sooner we get our targets in the better. We need to hit the ground running.

I am sure that we have our eyes on Dawson at WBA and a winger - lets hope they arrive soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You are probably the most negative person I know regarding the Clarets and I have no idea why?

We are prudent, we are in the Premier League, we have invested wisely, we have layer upon layer of players and squads at all ages.

We have almost acquired two quality players to cover each positions for the first eleven which is every teams dream.

I just don't get the constant negativity.
    He he he ..

We are doomed.. I tell you we are doomed TEC ..

roll on on the championship..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He he he ..

We are doomed.. I tell you we are doomed TEC ..

roll on on the championship..
    A bite at last!

How finishing 16th in our first season back in the EPL can be called "stagnant" is simply beyond my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Hi Folks, I'm one of those.

Given the size of our club's fan-base which cannot be changed. Affluent & local Directors, rather than a big-money & foreign investors, which I don't want to see changed and a town whose well below average marketting-potential would be extremely, perhaps impossibly difficult to change, then real world economics suggest that Burnley ought to be playing in the bottom half of the Championship at best.

The attainment of Premiership status was punching way above our weight, but to have done so as Champions and then manage to stay up the following year too was an awesome performance and a testament to how well Burnley FC is run; thank you Mike Garlic and everyone else involved.

We were certainly assisted in last year's survival by the presence of two or three clubs whose 'relegation candidate' status was immediately obvious, those aren't perhaps quite so clear-cut this year, but even a harsh realist like myself believes that we can stay up this season too and without pushing the boat out financialy. Yes the club must be quite flush at the moment, but the extent of both initial and ongoing expenditure necessary to make Premiership survival highly-likely (it could never be guaranteed!) is not tens of millions but £100 million+ and I for one would hate to see that sort of financial risk taken. I've watched Burnley struggle to survive once before and once was more than enough and whilst I'd love to see Burnley still in the Premiership for the 2018/19 season, to me it's more important that they're still in business to be either in or challenging to be in the Premiership in 2038/39.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)