+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Middlesbrough

Prediction League - Middlesbrough

Season is ready to start and so is the Prediction League. As always, it's free to anyone and everyone on the board. You can come and go as you please, so there's no penalties for forgetting a week or anything like that. Wolves71 is the defending champion, so the field must do their best to topple him. We have yet to have a two time winner of the league IIRC. Just a quick refresher of the rules:
    1) Pick the final scoreline of the match
    - three points for getting the result and scoreline correctly
    - one point for getting the result correctly
    2) Pick the first WOLVES goalscorer.
    - you get a goal differential point for correctly predicting the first goalscorer
    - if you are a predicting that Wolves do not score, you cannot predict a goalscorer

First match will be home against Middlesbrough. As with Wolves, a lot has changed with Boro. Out is Aitor Karanka, who was not loved by the fans. In is Garry Monk, who did a very good job with Leeds last season IMO. And now he's moved to a more stable club in Boro. Gone is their best player from last season in Alvaro Negredo. He did a great job considering his scraps in the Prem last season. But he's returned to his home club Valencia, most likely to be loaned back out. But I doubt it'll be with Boro as they added three forwards in Britt Assombalonga and Ashley Fletcher and Martin Braithwhite. Assombalonga is proven at this level But Fletcher failed to score a senior league goal in his time in the Prem with ManU and West Ham. But he's young and has potential. Braithwaite scored at a decent clip with Toulouse, but it is difficult to project players from outside the UK. Boro also signed Daren Randolph at keeper, Cyrus Christie from Derby, Jonny Howson from Norwich and several others that I know little to none about. It will take time for them to gel. As it will for Wolves. I think Boro will be amongst the favorites to go back to the Prem as they have solid financial backing and a quality manager. Wolves still don't have a striker and I believe that Cavaleiro is suspended for this match and the next due to a red card in our closing match vs Preston last season. But I think we will get a point at home.

Wolves 1-1 Middlesbrough

Jota

Wolves 2-2 Boro (Boly)

Prediction

Wolves 1 Middlesbrough 2

Wolves 1-0 'Boro (Coady)

Thanks for doing this again Mich!

Wolves 1 Middlesbrough 1

Edwards.

Good stuff mich.

Anything can happen on the first day.

Wolves 3-1 Boro

Doherty

Wolves 2-1 Middlesbrough (Neves)

Wolves 2 - 'Boro 1

(Dicko, if he plays)

Wolves 2-0 Boro (Boly)

2-0 for me as well.Will put the goal scorer in when I know who is starting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)