+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When would you upgrade our seat capacity?

When would you upgrade our seat capacity?

I went to every game last year and even when we was playing absolutely terrible we still brought over 9000. For me that ain't bad

I think if we get to championship again we need to upgrade the seating capacity before first championship match.

You will always get tickets not sold since people go with family and friends and want to get seats together.

Are we ok as we are or do we need more seats?

No need at the moment . Only a case for making the away end bigger if we get back into the championship . Teams like Leeds, Washday, Sheff united, Villa Derby, Forest and a couple others doing well could bring between 3 to 7 k supporters . Average £18 pound a ticket over 100k per match just in gate revenue . Add to that programmes and food its worth it .It could be closed off when not needed so no extra cost stewarding, would be needed . Maybe it would cost 2 to 3 million to build it. Possibility of a grant to help .Naming rights to increase revenue as well .You may well get your money back in 3 seasons . Also the chance of getting under 21 games here with increased capacity maybe even a boxing bout like the blunts did. All in theory and wont happen for many years IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    No need at the moment . Only a case for making the away end bigger if we get back into the championship . Teams like Leeds, Washday, Sheff united, Villa Derby, Forest and a couple others doing well could bring between 3 to 7 k supporters . Average £18 pound a ticket over 100k per match just in gate revenue . Add to that programmes and food its worth it .It could be closed off when not needed so no extra cost stewarding, would be needed . Maybe it would cost 2 to 3 million to build it. Possibility of a grant to help .Naming rights to increase revenue as well .You may well get your money back in 3 seasons . Also the chance of getting under 21 games here with increased capacity maybe even a boxing bout like the blunts did. All in theory and wont happen for many years IMHO.
    Yeah in league 1 upgrading away end is pointless and until we know home fan turn out no point in that ether but we was getting 9000 home fans last season in championship that's why I think upgrading family stand maybe a good idea if we get back there

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yeah in league 1 upgrading away end is pointless and until we know home fan turn out no point in that ether but we was getting 9000 home fans last season in championship that's why I think upgrading family stand maybe a good idea if we get back there
    Agree East/family stand way to go if at all. Home supporters have to show there's a need to extend the capacity 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I went to every game last year and even when we was playing absolutely terrible we still brought over 9000. For me that ain't bad

I think if we get to championship again we need to upgrade the seating capacity before first championship match.

You will always get tickets not sold since people go with family and friends and want to get seats together.

Are we ok as we are or do we need more seats?
    I agree we should be seriously considering this.Last season Barnsley were able to offer twice as many away fans tickets than we could and consequently they had bigger crowds than we did.The East Stand should be expanded to allow this to happen.The ground would have a distorted look if we developed any other part of the ground.What is the latest on G&C eyesore,this has dragged on far too long.

When TS says so

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    When TS says so
    That'll be never, then.

The most we can get in is 11600 ish.
    Deduct the 2600 away capacity and the 6000 ish season ticket sales that leaves 3000 spare tickets...
    There's no way TS will increase the capacity when over 25% of the stadium is not sold.

Btw a good start to the season and expect a gate increase

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    The most we can get in is 11600 ish.
    Deduct the 2600 away capacity and the 6000 ish season ticket sales that leaves 3000 spare tickets...
    There's no way TS will increase the capacity when over 25% of the stadium is not sold.

Btw a good start to the season and expect a gate increase
    Not by season ticket holders no but there are a lot of pay on day fans as well.

If we ever reach 7000 season tickets it will need a upgrade and if we get in championship wouldn't away end need doing as well.

Call me wishful thinking but I'd like to see our stadium get bigger and more fans in it.

No need to upgrade any of the home areas if we did we wouldn't fill them.

Away end though is a maybe if we get back in the Championship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast