+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Cup

The Pars will win at the Asbestos Pit anyway, Newcos season will be over by then

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Yeah if that's the 11th time.

11 different events at odds of 1/1 each time.

Of course this odds checker doesn't take in to account temperature of balls, magnets or other methods of sorcery.
    Not only am I a linguistic genius, I'm a mathematical one too

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    First chance for a cup boycott. Wonder how many will "move on" and attend? I'll nae be there and winna be anywhere near hampden for any Scotland games either.

Huns at home again - they're just taking the piss and laughing at us folks.
    I might be wrong here but isn't the league cup an spfl tournament and nothing to do with the national team?

If you are p*ssed off with the sfa then you would have to boycott Scottish cup games and national team games.If you are p*ssed off with the SPFL then it would be league games and league cup ties.If both then your not gonna be going to any games

The Rangers have had good fortune in getting home cup draws generally recently, especially so in the Scottish Cup.

They weren't so lucky with the Challenge Cup draws.

On the plus side, the competition organisers were kind enough to allow them to play two semi finals at "neutral" Ibrox.

Here are two lists for illustration:

1. Reverse chronological order (for all cups):

2. Reverse chronological order (for each cup individually):

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    11 different events at odds of 1/1 each time.
    Or just know that 2 to the power of 11 = 2,048.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Of course I knew that but I was obviously just putting it in to terms that the average ab-madder would understand

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Is it as simple as that?
    Is there any factor to consider the number of balls in the pot at the time of the draw and also which pot is drawn from I.e. Each even draw resulted in the seeded team being away from home.

2048 is the very simplistic view on a 50/50 option each time, but the statistics would put this at a higher outcome in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Is it as simple as that?
    Is there any factor to consider the number of balls in the pot at the time of the draw and also which pot is drawn from I.e. Each even draw resulted in the seeded team being away from home.

2048 is the very simplistic view on a 50/50 option each time, but the statistics would put this at a higher outcome in my opinion.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely the number of balls in the pot is irrelevant?
    There's always going to be a 50/50 chance that they'll get picked 1st or 2nd (allegedly!!)
    Doesn't matter if it's 8 balls in a quarter final or 32 in the first round where the big clubs are in?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Is it as simple as that?.
    Yes, they can only be drawn either home or away, regardless of anything else.

And each draw is apparently an independent and unconnected event.

Just like flipping a coin for heads or tails.

That said, HHHHHHHHHHHH is just as likely an individual outcome as HAHAHAHAHAHA, but of course there are many more ways than 1 to end up with 6 homes and 6 aways.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I might be wrong here but isn't the league cup an spfl tournament and nothing to do with the national team?

If you are p*ssed off with the sfa then you would have to boycott Scottish cup games and national team games.If you are p*ssed off with the SPFL then it would be league games and league cup ties.If both then your not gonna be going to any games
    You are correct - have a coconut Not going to League cup = SPFL boycott. Not going to Hampden for Scotland = SFA boycott. Same will apply at Scottish Cup time.

I've got my season ticket for this year as I bought it ages ago thinking the SC decision wasn't coming until nearer year end - so I'll be going to home league games and looking for any chance to make my feelings clear there. I winna be going to any away league games though. F'uck putting money into clubs who dinna care about letting the huns away with f'uckin murder.

To be honest, the thought of not going to any games in a corrupt piss taking setup that's purely designed to benefit two teams I despise is not a particularly unappealing prospect though. Scottish football is a pretty pointless waste of time now.

I'm really nae fussed about watching something where all AFC seem content to do is suck the OF cock and act as their bitch.

You might be Ok with that Rico min - totally up to you - but I'm nae.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast