+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Connor Ripley

Connor Ripley

Reports suggesting Stuart's son, Connor, could be on his way. At 24 it would suggest he'll be fighting raya for a first team slot if it goes through. Anyone seem much of him play?

Good keeper but would come wanting a first team place but I can't see raya going back to being number 2
    Would be a great addition but I would rather we strengthened in other area's first.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Good keeper but would come wanting a first team place but I can't see raya going back to being number 2
    Would be a great addition but I would rather we strengthened in other area's first.
    I agree, Robin. I suppose we do need another keeper, but it's not the first priority, and it's hard to keep two equally competent goalies happy.
    Presumably, this is one of the four "extras" TM has mentioned, but that "four" might well become "six" as the hungry (and wealthy!) hyenas move in during August. Funnily enough, we seem to have done a switch in the last six months. I'm reasonably happy with the midfield situation now, but we're looking short of back-up in defence and up front.

I am not so sure with being short at the back
    When fit we have mulgrew,lenihan ward and Wharton
    Right backs we have 2 good un's
    Nyambe and caddis
    Left backs also good in Williams and a decent prospect in Doyle
    Signing somebody else would just be a waste of a wage
    Of course if somebody leaves then address the problem
    Up front yes we still need another and of a good quality too
    Nothing against nuttall but he is raw and still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am not so sure with being short at the back
    When fit we have mulgrew,lenihan ward and Wharton
    Right backs we have 2 good un's
    Nyambe and caddis
    Left backs also good in Williams and a decent prospect in Doyle
    Signing somebody else would just be a waste of a wage
    Of course if somebody leaves then address the problem
    Up front yes we still need another and of a good quality too
    Nothing against nuttall but he is raw and still learning.
    The thing is, though, Robin, TM seems to favour experience. I'm not sure that Wharton and Doyle are very high up the pecking order. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the loanees he brings in is cover for Williams.

Strangely enough I think he will look to both of these along with Tomlinson to step up
    The 4 targets will be imo a GK possible CB a winger(Jack of all trades) and 100 percent a striker
    I know Mowbray has stated he wants a few before Southend but realistically I can see it going until the end of August before we sign all we need.

Yep striker essential..give the kids a chance if defensive cover required...just concentrate on a goal-scorer.Graham has been good for us,but is injury-prone aand Dominic Samuel looks as though he needs time so goalscorer 100 per cent main priority.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)