+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First League Match: Queens vs. Brechin City

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    What's pointless about this......Lyle is 3 goals behind Thomson's total....FACT
    Much as I loved Andy Thomson I'll take great pleasure in seeing Del overtake him in the goals tally. Hope I'm there to see it. Can surely only be a matter of time now. Hopefully he can get by Bobby Black too. Maybe another pointless post but always worth reminding ourselves of what a great servant Lyle has been to the club. Total legend.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 06-08-2017 at 11:19 AM.

The countdown is most certainly now on!

What is it with Del ? Every time I think he is finished he produces the goods again. Hope he passes AT's record but I still think he can't start most games and be effective.

age is just a number jrs if you keep yourself fit enough ,for me del lyle looked the fittest man on the park against brechin ,that guy could go on for a few years yet likes .

A much better all round performance from Queens and credit where credit is due is well deserved by Naysmith and all the players.

I also heard from a very trustworthy source that Ross Fergusson has been injured of late, - which explains why he has not featured in the early season games.

That is understandable, - but what is surprising is that there hadn't been anything on the official site to let fans know. As I've said many times, telepathy is not something that most human beings are very good at!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    A much better all round performance from Queens and credit where credit is due is well deserved by Naysmith and all the players.

I also heard from a very trustworthy source that Ross Fergusson has been injured of late, - which explains why he has not featured in the early season games.

That is understandable, - but what is surprising is that there hadn't been anything on the official site to let fans know. As I've said many times, telepathy is not something that most human beings are very good at!
    We are not getting enough feedback from the club at present for various reasons but most managers keep their hand close to their chests as regards the injury situation so as not to give rivals any advantage. Saturday's game was a good example with the absence of Dobbie. I'm sure Brechin's game plan would have been different if they had known Dobbie would not appear.

I am at this time drafting an e-mail to Mark Blount asking for an update.

The fact that Dobbie had a back injury on Saturday starts the wheels turning that he is going elsewhere, with the latest on the Pie & Bovril thread for this weekend's match, some Arabs fan is saying Motherwell. When I was speaking to Dobbie straight after the game on Saturday, he informed me that he should be back on Saturday. The goalkeeper situation is even more bizarre, with Martin struggling after Saturday and perhaps no faith in playing Leighfield at Tannadice, when the club has the frozen out Lee Robinson available to play.The talk of bringing in a fourth goalkeeper on loan is crazy. Naysmith has stated this morning that two outfield players will be recruited before Saturday too.

Admin, I do think that all things being equal, the paying fans deserve at the very least a statement of what on earth is going on.

If tittle tattle is not quashed, it can grow into conspiracies, - and I would not be alone on Saturday in immediately thinking 'had Dobbie had enough and decided to look elsewhere?' - as there had been no previous indication of any injury.

I do not watch Eastenders (or any Soaps) because I cannot stand the backstabbing and bitchiness that seems inherent in that type of programme, - but listening to the stories circulating in the main stand, - it was as though I was in the middle of a real life Soap, but with one major difference, there was no -one to control the script writing! So we definitely do require some sort of honest appraisal.

I certainly wouldn't expect (or want) Mark to give a full and frank explanation of all the craziness that is allegedly going on behind the scenes, - but what would be good would be a statement to the fans along these lines: thanking them for their patience and reassuring them that the BOD will do everything in their power to ensure that they will put the best team they possibly can on the park.

~
    It is clear that we are now down to a hard core of 1200 fans, and that means that our budget is at best a third of the likes of St. Mirren and Falkirk, - so we simply cannot compete with those teams, regardless of how much we wish it were otherwise.

Some radical new thinking may be required at Palmerston, - but given that our BOD have worked absolute wonders with the Arena it is hard to see where any extra income might come from.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    It is hoped to have two new outfield additions to the side within the next week.
    I await with baited breath for this announcement which I assume will be sometime today then?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)