+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brayford or Lenihan

Brayford or Lenihan

We are rumoured to have a substantial bid in for Darragh Lenihan, who apparently is a good CB. However Blackburn are holding out for silly money and time is a ticking. Do we already have the answer at the club, is this the rebirth of the Beard ?.He looked good against Eastleigh and played well in the Championship last year. What's everyone's thoughts ?.

Seeing as Brayford is our player it'll have to be him,seeing as he played a full season for a Championship club that still is a Championship club,it'll have to be him.

Lenihan can stay in Lg 1,along with Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    We are rumoured to have a substantial bid in for Darragh Lenihan, who apparently is a good CB. However Blackburn are holding out for silly money and time is a ticking. Do we already have the answer at the club, is this the rebirth of the Beard ?.He looked good against Eastleigh and played well in the Championship last year. What's everyone's thoughts ?.
    Not at CB no, even though he played very well for Burton, and he is fairly decent there. RWB, yes, good crosser& passer of the ball, not the best defending, but neither is Freeman. Can't see him starting, but might be decent back up.

i dont see Brayford being in the team

however, as seen with Coutts at start of last year, Wilder is fair with anyone who is professional, giving them chance to train etc so he could i suppose force the issue and earn an opportunity.

i'm sure they all want him off wage bill tho

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    i dont see Brayford being in the team

however, as seen with Coutts at start of last year, Wilder is fair with anyone who is professional, giving them chance to train etc so he could i suppose force the issue and earn an opportunity.

i'm sure they all want him off wage bill tho
    Why? he's probably on less than a few after promotion.

Somebody on S2 reckons Brayford is stopping unless we get a bid we can't refuse and is happy to do so. Wilder is also happy with his attitude.

I'm with Rav. If he does stop we need to play to his strengths if he gets in the team and not make the same mistakes Clough did. He's a good attacking wingback on his day even at this level, but he's average defensively and lacks concentration to play at CB (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Somebody on S2 reckons Brayford is stopping unless we get a bid we can't refuse and is happy to do so. Wilder is also happy with his attitude.

I'm with Rav. If he does stop we need to play to his strengths if he gets in the team and not make the same mistakes Clough did. He's a good attacking wingback on his day even at this level, but he's average defensively and lacks concentration to play at CB (IMO)
    I don't think THE BEARD has the legs to be wing back anymore Gray,if he'd been fully fit he would've atracted offers of that i've no doubt.If he get's in our team and it's a big IF it'll have to be as a Centreback in a 3.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I don't think THE BEARD has the legs to be wing back anymore Gray,if he'd been fully fit he would've atracted offers of that i've no doubt.If he get's in our team and it's a big IF it'll have to be as a Centreback in a 3.UTCB
    If all this is true, and he is staying - he will provide us with some quality back-up - which is going to be ***** at this level.

[QUOTE=Ayamonteblade;38603600]If all this is true, and he is staying - he will provide us with some quality back-up - which is going to be ***** at this level.[/QUOTE

No brainer Aya,lad is proven at Championship level,last season he was playing well in a team that was struggling week in week out,avoided relegation,we are being quoted a ridiculous price for somebody i bet the majority of us have never heard of,and yet within our ranks we already have somebody as good or maybe even better

Coutts and Freeman last year,Beardy this is my hope

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I don't rate him at CB Rod, he made too many mistakes for me mate. The best CB's just keep doing the same simple things over again regular as clockwork.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast