+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grealish out for 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    we have Gabby in great condition and willing to run through brick walls for us.
    This may come as a shock to you, but as far as I am aware no points are awarded for people “running through a brick wall”

Now here's my surprising discovery Bongo, research reveals scoring of goals can contribute to teams obtaining points Capire ? Capiche ?

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    This may come as a shock to you, but as far as I am aware no points are awarded for people “running through a brick wall”

Now here's my surprising discovery Bongo, research reveals scoring of goals can contribute to teams obtaining points Capire ? Capiche ?
    You know, I have theory about gabby, When he was at his best, he was the Nemesis for Steve Bruce when at bcfc, he must have had many sleepless nights thinking, he's done me again, I hate him, I could kill him but becoming manager of VILLA he know has that nightmare on his side and now likes this idea and is over friendly, almost sucking up to his Nightmare! He has a dream that he can unleash this nightmare on others and make them feel the terror he once did.
    Unfortunately for us, Bruce is stuck in a time warp and still thinks Gabby that little speed devil who can rip apart defences scoring up to 20 goals a season. Someone needs to give him a slap, a cup of coffee and tell him that Gabby is a shadow of his former self, he's still over weight, balding and still cannot trap a ball, he does not 'Run through brick walls' he run into players because he cannot run around them anymore and the end result is he ends up on his backside more times than he score goals!! Sorry bongo but Gabby up front is not going to get us promoted.

A bit harsh you may say but not as harsh as what Bruce has been to Ross Maccormack, gabby is treated like a god and has been given far too many chances for my liking, If he comes good then I will eat Humble pie.
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 01-08-2017 at 06:27 AM.

I have nothing against Jack, it’s just that a nice through ball and a goal every ten or so games just doesn’t warrant a start for me. I’m still unsure on Green, as there is no end product, beats his man then crosses “Tony Daley-esque” into the Holte. Even against lower league opposition in the pre-season, no end product. Exciting to watch, enthralling at times, until the final ball, when all the air farts out of the balloon.
    Sentiment has to go out the window this season, we need results, ammunition for the strikers and an end product.
    I still wish Gabby well every time he gets the shirt, but let’s be honest folks, he’s sh1te, really sh1te. As is Hutton. At least he tries, I hear the call, but so did Eddie the bloody eagle and Frank Spencer. Trying with no talent aint enough.
    I always try to get my negativity out of the way before the season starts and this year is no different. However I do honestly believe that we WILL go up this season, it wont be pretty but we’ll get there somehow. Then the “fun” will really start!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I don't understand the negativity if I'm being honest. This is what does my head in with villa fans. We haven't conseaded a goal with Terry on the pitch. Probably signing of the summer! Our defence is better now than most premier league teams outside the top 8.
    Whealan will improve our midfield and we have Gabby in great condition and willing to run through brick walls for us. We have kodjia and Jedi to return soon. Bruce is a proven manager for getting us out of this league and a great chairman. But no lets moan moan moan
    I take it that you didn’t see the game on saturday (on youtube or at VP) Bongo. Twas like pinball at times in our 6 yd area. Now I think JT is a fabulous signing but he aint bulletproof. Everytime our fullbacks went missing (all day), the two CHs were falling all over the place and over backtracking, covering midfielders to prevent crosses reaching Watford’s forwards. Fortunately for us, when the ball did drop to them they fluffed their lines (unless the kit man had swapped their boots for Gabby’s 1st half shooting boots at half time). We are decent, very decent in defence and CM but we need to score. Elmo looks ok but we still miss that spark at No10 (Gil would get murdered in this league). I believe that Hogan will score at this level for us but with Kodjia still out we may struggle to score the 2 or 3 needed to win games. I liked the look of the young forwards in pre-season, McKirkdy et al, but they need blooding and this season aint for that sort of experimentation. I fear that any team with decent wide players and solid CHs will cause us problems this season. Let’s hope SB knows what he’s doing.

Feel for Jack, he was that little bit of creativity, I'm sure his injury will now make SB think twice about bombing MacCormack out as he is the only other player who has the vision! Whether he will be given a chance depends on two things really, another injury or a solid cash offer from Sunderland, the latter I think will not happen as they are cash strapped, had RMc scored 15 goals last season and not had that public spat with Bruce then they would think 8 Million and 50k a week was a good return, to them its a big gamble, to us, well we have already thrown the dice so from now on we have nothing more to lose so we may as well use him.

Bjuornsen or what ever his name may make a shout for that position but i'm not impressed with him from what I have seen so far.
    Hogan needs amo, and you would think Almo or Greene may supply it but you have to have a guy in the middle feeding them the ball, could be Hurihane but then again, could be anyone in the squad and last of all will be RMc??

Its a big blow and we seem to be good at this just before the season starts, Lets hope we are flying and up the right end before he comes back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)